Yorkshire Slang

Yorkshire Tony

VIP Junglist
Ok, so us northerners get quite a bit of stick on here, I’m only an honouree northerner after growing up in Nottingham (yes, I am aware that to most of you anything north of Watford IS NORTH!) I know for a fact when I moved up I struggled wit hsome of the slang they use round here……so time for us ‘northern monkeys’ to confuse the fairies a little!

First one - tint tin tin

Any idea what this means?

Moskit

:rodigan:
I had the nicest photoshop with that pic James.

Craigs Tut' Coal Bites - Only Thrupence n Halfpenny - Nowt Taken Out - Not Like Tut' Soft Southern Shite Liiiiiiike

djad

leo the lion
VIP Junglist
I had the nicest photoshop with that pic James.

Craigs Tut' Coal Bites - Only Thrupence n Halfpenny - Nowt Taken Out - Not Like Tut' Soft Southern Shite Liiiiiiike
Im orignally from just near watford but lived in n-yorkshire for 10yrs (before moving back thankgod) and i never once heard someone use the word tut!!!!

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
liverpool has THE most strange words and sayings...tin tin tin...i dont know what that means at all...

Sammy_Dodger

Mr Ed
VIP Junglist
go down t'pub drink loads ale get plastered, go back home take hand t'wife cos im a northern bastard!

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
Big up all Umbrians!

There's a lass at my work from Lithuania who talks with a slight Yorkshire accent even though she's never been there. She's a right walking history lesson...

mr karnage

deep inside the jungle
VIP Junglist
oryt ar kid, im from leeds an ive neveh erd that word in mah fookin life choor

^^^thats how i talk mush, girls love it. cant fuck wit a yorkshire accent

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
alreet man, there was once a girl at school from newcastle and, i occasionally joined in with others singing byker grove at her.