Yoblonski - Blizzard

Yobbo

This is my first drum and bass track, I made it last month but have spent AGES fucking around trying to master it alright.
It's a 160Kbps mp3 and I'd appreciate any advice as my background is predominantly as a guitarist, I feel it could be lacking some vocals but I also don't reckon I should change anything. Best heard on something where you can hear sub bass frequencies.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/73100821cfa9a30a/

I like the loungyness of this tune, it's like "Sit back and relax..."
For me you shouldn't add vocals, I like it the way it is.
The only thing you should change after the drop are your drums, they're good for the intro, but then you should choose drums that sound fuller, and have some more bass.

Keep up the good work :)

cheers for the response man, I did add some back up to the kick and snare to give it more power in all fairness. I'll go back and have a listen, and seriously I think the bass is just right. Could be my system giving that impression though...
Thanks again :D

Personally not sure about the snare sound. A bit plastic sounding.

Some more dynamics on your shakers/tambourine would be good, perhaps a ride or another layer of slightly sharper hats to add some depth.

A bit of percussion might help as well.

Sub bass sounds really nice. The jazz sounding bits, (probably the guitarist side?) sound great. (That section around 3 minutes, nice)

Cool tune.

I was never happy with snare to begin with if I'm honest, I could maybe raise the second layer I've got in there, I know it'd bring out a fuller sound. Good advice on the hats man, I've got some rhythmic ideas for that, I'll get on the case when I get out of bed! Ta!

Very nice tune! The only thing is I thought it went on for a bit too long (a bit samey towards the end), but that's if I'm being picky. I really like this though. Well done.

Ta! Not the sort of shit you'd drop in a club like, but I kind of structured it into two halves to make it universally mixable. Towards the end of it I made the kick imply a Jump Up style rhythm so it could go into that sort of shit..
Thanks for the reply calv.

Back
Top Bottom