Yo Yo! Knowledge Got It Wrong!

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Bloody hell!

We got a tiny mention in knowledge this month (yes very tiny! try and spot it). However they got it completetly wrong, we ae not a video magazine on DVD we ae infact a CDROM mag with text and video!!!!

jus so ya know! :nono:

Innit Jay.

You heard about 'Code Of The Streets'? Looks like competition is afoot.

lokki said:
Bloody hell!

We got a tiny mention in knowledge this month (yes very tiny! try and spot it). However they got it completetly wrong, we ae not a video magazine on DVD we ae infact a CDROM mag with text and video!!!!

jus so ya know! :nono:

Maybe they were hinting that you should be a DVD with video.

I wouldn't complain, it sounds like they were giving you more credit then you should have gotten. ;)

1992 said:
Maybe they were hinting that you should be a DVD with video.

I wouldn't complain, it sounds like they were giving you more credit then you should have gotten. ;)

you on the tact juice today 1992?

just keep plugging your way online Lokki, more people there than read Knowledge (I reckon).

mackie said:
code of the streets is a DVD.... coming soon, having witnessed alot of the material the first and second issue are gonna be killa

:who_wants
(y) :slayer:

mesh said:
you on the tact juice today 1992?

just keep plugging your way online Lokki, more people there than read Knowledge (I reckon).

It looks that way, but I wish I was more specific then just being "tactfull". I "strongly dislike" knowledge magazine because they kiss arse all the time. Their reviews are especually bad. The last knowledge I got reviewed one of Digital's tracks and said something to the effect that "Its better then what his imitators are doing" when they should have said the truth, "While digitals productions are better then all other current drum and bass it still lacks the energy of drum and bass from the early 90s". But they choose to play it safe and kiss the hind quarters.

Anyway it does not surprise me that they messed up your magazine info and I wouldn't be too bothered by it (however if you can get them to reprint the correct information that would be a bonus for you). Not too long ago knowledge had nothing else to report so they reported a "flame war" on this very forum about Dillinja and how his recent productions suck. They got the www.dnbforum.com correct but they messed up all the usernames...... It seemed like they made up their own usernames which was quite odd.

Anyway Lokki username, a serious two cents now. I strongly recommend that you get your magazine carried by whom ever provides magazines for "Barnes & Noble" which is a large US book store chain. Thats the only way I get Knowledge now since all the local techno record shops dried up. This recommendation goes for ATM as well since they are not carried by Barnes & Noble and hence they probably don't do as well.

A strange thing happened to me when I was vacationing in Disney World (an amusement park which I don't recommend btw). They had a Virgen Mega Store on their property and I picked up a Knowledge mag there. It was the very last one and as a result some other "kid" near me asked me if I really wanted it. Who would have thought there would be a demand for a dnb mag in Disney World (their night clubs don't even play underground music)?

^^ all fair points 1992
(I was inititally being sarcastic as I thought you were suggesting a DVD is better than CD-Rom with text, and that this would deserve more credit.)

mesh said:
^^ all fair points 1992
(I was inititally being sarcastic as I thought you were suggesting a DVD is better than CD-Rom with text, and that this would deserve more credit.)
Well thats true, I was saying that the very first time. Because then, if I had such a magazine (if they were in the US), I could watch it on any DVD player such as a DVD walkman or a simmilar device. A CD-ROM is strictly confined to a computer. Then again an argument against doing DVDs is that some players only play DVDs with certain region codes. *shrug*

Heres another thought.... Could Knowledge have deliberatly messed up lokkis information because they're spitting on the competition? I wouldn't put it passed them. The dance music scene can be pretty darn rotten... If it wasn't rotten there wouldn't be dubplates, unreleased tracks and grooveriders that want you to join the future.

your first point - true, but yes the region codes are a bitch in a global scenee and DVD walkmans arent quite de rigeur yet are they?
Or are they? :oops:
Plus some people still like to read text the old fashioned way.

your second point- entirely possible

i have heard of code of the streets but that will have to join the ever expanding queue of DVD's about at the mo. especially from the UKHH side of tings.

We are differernt believe! Text, MP3, video etc and we have got distsibution sowed up shimown! Check us in every record store around plus nuff eclectic clothes stores ie. no where that sells football shirts, burberry, checked shirts, gold sovereigns or tracky bots!

Plus we have just confirmed promotion and distribution with KungFu (biggest UKHH promoters etc in the UK!) for mass London coverage! Plus check us for events next month, although these will begin with UKHH ones but dnb will be comin soon!

It aint what u do its the way that u do it!

Phew!

We are hitting the websites next week and are gonna be plugging like mo'fukas!

F F F F F ,FRRRRRRESHHHH

anyway, back to work.!

( i believe we are gonna get a bigger plug and corection in next Knowledge!)

jay walker said:
Damn foolz! Yo, is this runnin yet bro? you been a bit quiet on the pluggin front (yn)

yo jay mate see ya playin down Fabric eh i mean Subaway!! safe!

mesh said:
your first point - true, but yes the region codes are a bitch in a global scenee and DVD walkmans arent quite de rigeur yet are they?
Or are they? :oops:
Plus some people still like to read text the old fashioned way.

your second point- entirely possible

DVD's are a fukin pain in the ass! simple as!

CD's can go glovbal and are very klow cost so we can give em out free!! plus they can store just as much video just not at quite as high quality but i have a special method of doing this
!!!

Issue 2 s gonna be at least 60% video.

This issue is about 35%

coooool

Ps. u wanna check it juct to see Blakeys set, man that kid is fukin amaziiiiiiinggggggg.

pss...why is context so good????

its........
FREEEEEEEE!

1992 said:
HH is so vague. He could have ment Handbag House for all I know. :lol:

the words hard house n handbag house or horse raddish house or whatever dont enetr my vocbaulary very often

its a phrase i have been using! UKHH! sorry! haha!

Back
Top Bottom