YO. CHECK THIS.....PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, Feb 25, 2005.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

:rolf: -gay!

fed up of moaning bout it ...

cheers! :gun:

THANKS PEEPS!

Fed up with the current American government pushing the world about?
    Well now you may just be able to do something.

For a long time now right wing America under a banner of Christianity and moral values has succeeded in throwing a large portion of the world into turmoil. It is no secret that after the tragic attacks on 9.11 George Bush jnr and his government have used this atrocity to boost their financial and political gains.
    However the war, illegal and savage as it was, is not the most devastating effect that the country of America has and is having on OUR world.

It is only recently that environmentalists and people concerned about the future of Earth have began to shed their ‘tree hugger’ status and have begun to be taken seriously. Even in the UK Tony Blair and his government clearly see the problems we are rapidly facing when we look towards our future. Each year thousands of tonnes of carbon monoxide pour from the good old’ US of A effecting every other country in the world.

I am merely focussing on one small element that America’s sprint to ‘progress’ that has and is affecting all of us. The USA contains only 4.6% of the world’s population but is contributing a quarter of its overall co2 emissions.

"The US contains 4% of the world's population but produces about 25% of all carbon dioxide emissions. By comparison, Britain emits 3% - about the same as India which has 15 times as many people "
    (BBC)

In a desperate attempt by the rest of the world to curve emissions and do what we can to try to rectify the damage already happening, many nations came together to sign the Kyoto Agreement. Within this agreement were strict terms, conditions and aims to work with and towards in order to help future generations to enjoy a world without pollution. The effects of pollution are becoming more apparent, and as the polar ice caps already melt, sea levels rise, flooding is occurring more, this is only one of the many problems. It is impossible to deny the effects of global warming.

The rest of the world has fessed up to its responsibility and an international community of scientists have confirmed the dreadful news that time is definitely running out. The only people to deny the effects are certain scientists from, (can you guess where?) the USA.

This email is asking you as a responsible and aware person to begin to at least think about your effect on earth. Do you drive a car? Could you use it less? If so it rests on you to do what you can to curve your CO2 emissions. For more info please contact http://www.earthshare.org. or check http://www.vexen.co.uk/USA/pollution.html#Pollution

Forget George’s flawed ‘war on terror’ the real terror to the world is the destruction of the environment, and yes, this is very real! A country run by oil barons is never going to sign up to an agreement asking to curb carbon emissions and encourages its car manufacturers to pump out gas guzzling cars as the rest of the world tries to work in the opposite direction.

The USA is a country run by a right wing Christian government sworn into power by a fearful population scared of terrorist attacks, abortion and gay marriage. A country claiming to be the land of the brave, god’s own country, but one question remains; since when did greed and murder stop being deadly sins?

In the mean time please do you bit by curbing your emissions, boycotting the following unethical US’ companies and by adding your name below and sending this email out to as many people as you can. Please!

Thank you!

Companies to boycott; (please do hit them where it hurts, their greed!). Every company here financially contributed money to George and Co. in an effort to help them gain power. All of these companies have ethical alternative companies.

Haliburton
    Microsoft Corp
    Cisco Systems
    Dell Computer
    Intel Corp
    Exxon Mobil Corp (Esso)
    BP
    Texaco
    McDonald's
    Coca-Cola Enterprises
    PepsiCo Inc
    Wal-Mart Stores (Asda)
    Kmart Corp
    Philip Morris
    Procter & Gamble
    Pfizer Inc
    General Electric
    DaimlerChrysler
    General Motors
    Citigroup
    AOL
    Kraft
    FedEX Corp
    Nestle

I am a disgruntled citizen of the world and demand the USA and the Republican government join the Kyoto Agreement now or I will do all in my power to effect American profits.

Please sign below here:-

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  2. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

(Slightly off topic, but I have more things to bitch about Mr Dubya)

Down with the US government, and its puppet, Mr Blair. I'm sick to death of all this rubbish about spreading 'freedom' around the world - I'm sorry, but last time I looked, 'freedom' doesn't come in a large jar saying 'Nutella' on the front. What a load of old shite.

Big ups to Mr Lokki for the thread, it needs to be said - there are some pressing issues going down at the moment.

Hmmm....I wonder why Dubya has come to Europe to make friends at the moment.....erm.....ah......cou....could it be that he is hell-bent on attacking Iran, and needs to make sure everyone thinks he is a nice guy before he goes and blows the shit out of another country, just like he didn't do before Iraq?? Hmm. I wonder. Surely, an international diplomacy mission can't be as see-through as that? Can it?

Bill Hicks (RIP) for president..... :idhitit:

3. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

agreed, but fuck that, i aint gettin a Mac

And im not jokin this time, the biggest weapon those companys have, is the fact that they have become neccesary to many of us.
    I mean, is nearly impossible to use the internet without making money to microsoft.
    Or try gettin round town without a car..no way

its sad, but dubya just laughs off petition like this one. And even if someone murders him (praised be his name), some other turd burgler will take over , and the show goes on.

I cant think of anything else really, but for centuries reaction is the only solution for true freedom, and even that seems to go in vain nowdays, as people are just gonna call you a hippy or a pussy. I dont mind beeing called either, but then again, everyone aint me...

Keep the struggle up.
    (y)

4. mesh

mesh Active Member

I agree with Lokki, but that's what strikes me about this. If I were to seriously boycott these companies I wouldn't ever leave my house. They are ubiquitous.

It does need to be said, and in a way that makes clear it is the policies of the government and corporations (many of whom are British btw), not the people itself who the world are angry at.

I think genuine change in the world economic order will not happen until we have an absolute catastrophe, whether its financial or natural or war related.

Regime change begins at home, but what are you lot gonna do, vote the Tories in?

:tut:

Its a fucking no-win situation.

5. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

what a bunch of tree hugging hippy crap :D

6. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

yeah i know but i got this email so i thought id do my little buit by pasing it on.

Its gay cos these companies do have a monopoly over everyone else. the good thing is is that a lot of the world is starting to do something about it.

Its better to at least try to do ur bit. I figure that u need to do a bit, if u do nothing and moan about it all the time...imo u r a c@"Nt! :andy:

7. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

real change will happen only when money ceases to be the trading medium..I think we should go back to goods trading, a pig for a sack of corn..and like you said, this will only happen after a total destruction...which tbh, isnt that far, if thing keep the same as now.. :rolleyes:

i hear that..and to even think of voting Lib Democrats is just stoopid, i mean the guys are absolut vote whores and talk crap all the time
    (a Lib Dem MP said that if they win the lctions, they impose a 2 hours clock setting instead of the one we have had for ages, so that business will use the extra daytime during summer....if that isnt stupid, then i'll vote Tory...bah...)