yes/no to putting up full clips of your tunes?

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
should you be putting up clips of your finished tunes if you intend to send them to labels?

One hand it will give it more of a chance of getting noticed, but some labels don't like it if it has been seen by everyone?

opinions?

It depends really. If you and the label have an agreed release date putting a short clip up would be fine. A 2 minute clip, starting half way through the intro and ending half way through the break so people can't rip it and then mix it. There would be no point in uploading a clip of the full song, because if you have to pay for the tune the majority of people will just rip it off soundcloud/youtube or whatever.

really it depends how far along you are, the tune in my sig is the second i finished, I quite liked the idea but didnt think it was good enough to bother sending to labels so gave it away. I got a good response so i figured my style is going in the right direction and since have been working on tunes but not putting anything up. Its true that labels dont like to sign stuff people have heard, so for that reason I haven't uploaded anything else. Best way to get your tunes heard is to try and meet producers that are already somewhere in the scene. Best place to do it is at raves and over the internet. I dont know what its like in the rest of the UK/world but in brighton I always get the opportunity to chat to DJ's. Hell the other week I was jamming with Grafix. You've just gotta get networking, not what you know, its who you know.

I really dont see the big deal in this......

I generally throw up the full track if it isnt being released by a label, who cares if people rip it? if anything, it'll help get your name out there more.

I generally throw up the full track if it isnt being released by a label, who cares if people rip it? if anything, it'll help get your name out there more.

Yeah I agree with this, I feel like i'm still improving my sound and trying to get noticed right now.

yeha I agree with this, id even just stick it up for free download... im on about if ur looking to get it signed!

Yeh 2 mins clips is standard if its getting released but really if you are wanting to get it on a label, don't put up any clip until you have confirmation of a release.

THIS EXACTLY

I dont think anyone would do that, thats just silly lol.. If its not going anywhere spam that shit all over the shop!

Clips are perfectly fine, i can usually get a good feel for a track within a minute or two. Most labels skip to drops and the meat anyways.. Jus saying..

You know what I hate? Clips that end just after 8bars after drop, makes me mad and feels like the end of the song is going to be shitty.

Back
Top Bottom