Yeah, I know you hate these threads, but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvboy

Yo yo yo!!!

So this is where I am. Having posted up here a few months back asking for advice on tunes. Having got my head round beatmatching, and feeling pretty confident, and having listened to a fuckload of tunes, I have only managed to purchase these.

What I am not (should read am but I am a fucking dunce) asking is for any advice on similar stuff to this....

BSE - Driving Insane LP
Calyx - No Turning Back LP
Ed Rush & Optical - Travel the Galaxy LP
ASC - Windchime
ASC - Orbit/Critical Orbit
Dom & Roland - Soundwall VIP
Dom & Roland - Deckards Theme
Zen - Land of the Giants EP
Spor - Aztec
The Qemists - Drop Audio/Stopmbox (Spor Remix)
BSE - Endangered Species (the one with Jade - Unexist on)
Tech Itch - Telkinetic/Halion
Tech Itch - Pressure Drop/Shadow Daemon

I am also fancying...

Telemetrik - My Lightyear EP
Teebee - Legacy LP
Body & Soul vs Fourward - Authority / Carnage
The Upbeats - Lost Once / Lick-A-Demon
Gridlok - Los Angeles / Illegal
Bad Company – The Nine
31 Records Present - Kings Of The Rollers
Noisia - Stigma / Crank - [IMPORT]
Bad Company UK - Bullet Time [Spor RMX] / [The Upbeats RMX]
Break / Noisia - Splash Step / Diplodocus

Anyone got any suggestions? I spend about 40mins each day raking through tunes, and find most of them pretty poor.

All help, like last time, massively appreciated.

Paul.

Last edited:
what the fuck ARE you asking ?

if you are not asking for similar tunes then what are you asking?

Last edited:
i think whats the best thing to do here is mention similar artists then you can youtube and do the research yourself

sound better?

i think whats the best thing to do here is mention similar artists then you can youtube and do the research yourself

sound better?

I can't work out if you are being patronising or you are just slow...

For some inexplicable reason my sound setup does not stream audio from the net.

Instead I have had to spend countless hours listening to all the related artists I could find (and I have searched by arse off) via MP3 on Chemical Records, and through downloads.

I'm not asking for help on a fucking whim here. I'm telling you what I have found, and am looking for support in finding more vinyl to purchase.

All I want to do here is find some banging records, buy them, and mix them. That is all.

you wont find any help talking to people like that.
your first post isnt that clear and we aint mind readers, we dont know u cant listen to youtube.

try rewording your question and being polite when people try to help you.

Fes, was only trying to help dude. He was only suggesting that you have a look for artists that you are currently enjoying. End of the day theres a hell of a lot of tracks posted to youtube.

My advice would be check some of people's mixes off here. There's plenty of variety of genres. That way you can get an insight to what you like.

For some inexplicable reason my sound setup does not stream audio from the net.

Instead I have had to spend countless hours listening to all the related artists I could find (and I have searched by arse off) via MP3 on Chemical Records, and through downloads.

I'm not asking for help on a fucking whim here. I'm telling you what I have found, and am looking for support in finding more vinyl to purchase.

All I want to do here is find some banging records, buy them, and mix them. That is all.

Prick

It's not out fault that your not coherant enough to outline what you want, and when some one does helps you out you reply like a cunt

Prick

It's not out fault that your not coherant enough to outline what you want, and when some one does helps you out you reply like a cunt

Jesus christ, all I want is some help.

Who'd have thought going to 'dnbforum.com' for advice on finding dnb would be so fucking difficult?

If my reply was in the style of a cunt, then what the fuck does that make yours?

Read fes' post. I don't know fes, and if he was trying to help then I apologise to him, but that post can be construed as patronising.

And the word is not coherent (which you couldn't spell) it is 'articulate'. Earlier on, I wasn't very 'articulate' (now I'm being a cunt).

I have since made myself abundantly clear. Seen as I can't find the responses I would like, this thread may as well be closed, and I'll go on my merry little way.

garvboy, have you tried listening to podcasts from some good labels? or have you tried listening to mixes from artists you like and seeing what other artists they are mixing there tracks with? you got to look into these things man you cant ask other people "what will i like" you know??

you wont find any help talking to people like that.
your first post isnt that clear and we aint mind readers, we dont know u cant listen to youtube.

try rewording your question and being polite when people try to help you.

isnt clear!! its perfectly clear what he wanted in his 1st post,he talking the way he was spoken to.first reply was by mr what the fuck are you asking luciduk!see it all the time on here some1 asks a simple question,and the big gobs like you and lucid run your chops.no need at all!!!

dude fuck out did you not read this bit

"What I am not (should read am but I am a fucking dunce) asking is for any advice on similar stuff to this...."

so i said what the fuck are u asking then?? i aint trying to be patronizing but man wasnt making any sense

dude fuck out did you not read this bit

"What I am not (should read am but I am a fucking dunce) asking is for any advice on similar stuff to this...."

so i said what the fuck are u asking then?? i aint trying to be patronizing but man wasnt making any sense

Did you not see the edit button dude? You could have saved yourself a whole hell of a lot of trouble.

isnt clear!! its perfectly clear what he wanted in his 1st post,he talking the way he was spoken to.first reply was by mr what the fuck are you asking luciduk!see it all the time on here some1 asks a simple question,and the big gobs like you and lucid run your chops.no need at all!!!

Maybe you should find another forum to frequent my friend. Some big gobs on here like to bust chops, yes, but if you can't take some jokes then I suggest you not come anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom