Y'all should appreciate this....and a question too.

mad scientist

Turkish
after a long time of spinning in my bedroom strictly as a hobby, and by long time i mean 10 years, i finally got an opportunity to play out live Friday night. the venue has seen its share of heavy hitters like andy c, ed rush and optical, dieselboy, etc etc. well, during my 10 year recreational time i made the transition from vinyl to CD. around 5:00 friday evening i get a call saying that the CDJ's wouldn't be available and I would have to use itch or serato. a friend had brought his NS7 to the club and I had to learn itch on the fly. needless to say the first 25 minutes of my hour long set were spent trying to understand the interface of itch and the NS7 itself. I wanted to run outta the club at one point, but i'm a big boy and decided to just figure the fucking thing out. I finally got things going, and finished my set in semi solid form. from now on though, in the event i get another opportunity to spin live, i will be lugging along my own CDJ's just so I can set 'em up if the house doesn't have them already. that leads me to a question though. for the masses out there that purchase their music digitally from the likes of beatport, junodownloads, trackitdown, do you guys buy WAV quality or simply mp3 in320 format? I got some feedback from some people and they said some of sound quality of some of my tunes didn't sound very clear. I recently started purchasing WAV (after 500 plus purchased at 320).

trackitdown pro is good if your buyin wav's cos u get bulk discount..

i just buy mp3's... through a big ass sound system in a club with everyone dancin/gurnin off there heads no 1 is gna notice the difference that much anyway tbh

I thought you were gonna tell a heroic tale of how they only had 1210s and you smashed it. Got my hopes up man

after a long time of spinning in my bedroom strictly as a hobby, and by long time i mean 10 years, i finally got an opportunity to play out live Friday night. the venue has seen its share of heavy hitters like andy c, ed rush and optical, dieselboy, etc etc. well, during my 10 year recreational time i made the transition from vinyl to CD. around 5:00 friday evening i get a call saying that the CDJ's wouldn't be available and I would have to use itch or serato. a friend had brought his NS7 to the club and I had to learn itch on the fly. needless to say the first 25 minutes of my hour long set were spent trying to understand the interface of itch and the NS7 itself. I wanted to run outta the club at one point, but i'm a big boy and decided to just figure the fucking thing out. I finally got things going, and finished my set in semi solid form. from now on though, in the event i get another opportunity to spin live, i will be lugging along my own CDJ's just so I can set 'em up if the house doesn't have them already. that leads me to a question though. for the masses out there that purchase their music digitally from the likes of beatport, junodownloads, trackitdown, do you guys buy WAV quality or simply mp3 in320 format? I got some feedback from some people and they said some of sound quality of some of my tunes didn't sound very clear. I recently started purchasing WAV (after 500 plus purchased at 320).

and what is it we are supposed to appreciate? :shrug:

but yeah, WAV's if you've got the HDD space.

There's alot of shit sounding tunes in those digi stores coz of the lack of quality control/uniformity of mastering etc. If the tune sounds mushy or quiet it won't really matter what format you buy it in. But yeah like Breaks says wavs wherever possible.

Buy flac (cheaper than WAV) then convert into WAV. Will save you a few pennies on each release, normally 20-30p cheaper, same quality.

Back
Top Bottom