Xtrah - No Good/Directive (Metalheadz) Out May 12th

808 Dnb

VIP Junglist
Artwork SWAG

CS2438338-02A-BIG.jpg

Audio via Poo Tay Toe http://www.junodownload.com/products/xtrah-no-good-directive/2438338-02/

Sounds good. If there is one thing which I can't get from Metalheadz is their catalogue system. Why is this not a META release, for instance?

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_283 using Tapatalk

My god you can't listen to that audio on juno can you it hurts my feels and vibes.

But yes no good is quite something.

Sweet, no good sounds a little bit over processed to me but vibes anyhow

Sweet, no good sounds a little bit over processed to me but vibes anyhow

I wouldn't judge it on a web clip mate, it's one of the better mixdowns I've heard this year (I had him do about 5 or 6 mixdowns in the end!) and the master came good too on both tracks.

Nice one
Ant

I wouldn't judge it on a web clip mate, it's one of the better mixdowns I've heard this year (I had him do about 5 or 6 mixdowns in the end!) and the master came good too on both tracks.

Nice one
Ant
Lovin this Headz sounding bad this year again,

Ant any news on the exit/metalheadz project for RSD

Not really for me tbh, tunes sound massive and Xtrah knows his way around a mixdown - I'd say it bangs harder than a barndoor in a hurricane - but it's all a bit techy and forgettable, could be on any label, there's nothing really "Metalheadz" about it at all, if you told me it was on Subtitles / Dispatch / Horizons etc etc I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

"Directive" is quite nice when it's not got that dry gurgly sound going on in it, but neither strike me as tunes with an awful lot of shelf life.

Not really for me tbh, tunes sound massive and Xtrah knows his way around a mixdown - I'd say it bangs harder than a barndoor in a hurricane - but it's all a bit techy and forgettable, could be on any label, there's nothing really "Metalheadz" about it at all, if you told me it was on Subtitles / Dispatch / Horizons etc etc I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

"Directive" is quite nice when it's not got that dry gurgly sound going on in it, but neither strike me as tunes with an awful lot of shelf life.

Are we listening to the same clips?
Directive pretty much sums up your description for No Good: "I'd say it bangs harder than a barndoor in a hurricane - but it's all a bit techy".
No Good is somewhere between liquid&techy but more like what Ivy Lab is doing I'd say. It didn't bowl me over and it won't win best track on d&ba awards (don't think anyone cares anyway) but I thought it sounded quiet nice.

Yeah they're not bad tunes at all, the engineering is incredible but I checked the clips when I wrote that original post, listened to each twice and I can't remember what either sounds like half an hour later.

Back
Top Bottom