xone 92 problems

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
hi,

iv been having nightmares with my zone 92 iv just brought. works fine on channel 2 but as soon as you try channel 3 it only comes out of left speaker.

iv been racking my brain for fucking ages. at first i thought it was my rca cables on my technics as one channel was quieter on the channel that works (this turns out to be my cart)

got my mates 1210s and tried the same but it still only comes out of the left speaker. i cant work out for the life of me why to be honest.

when im looking at the top right at the master levels it only shows the light on one side when iv got the headphone button pressed but as soon as i turn it off the light goes.

i can post a video to show u lot if it makes it easier? im just going mad cause i cant work this shit out !! iv read the manual twice!

aaaahhhhh

I would say carts (same happened to me recently but did the same on all channels, new stylus sorted it) but if it works on another channel i dont know.

If you're in trouble, I feel bad for you son, I got 92 problems and a mixer ain't one.

god i hate you right now!

- - - Updated - - -

I would say carts (same happened to me recently but did the same on all channels, new stylus sorted it) but if it works on another channel i dont know.

swapped carts over and same thing happens. only with a good signal rather than a shit one. still only on the left. exactly the same on all channels. must be a setting or switch somewhere surely!?

Is this with wax or serato or both? Timecode requires very strong signal from carts

an out of the box 92 failure i doubt is the issue. keep checking the carts, to narrow down the issue.

just gonna get some new ones see how it goes. checked the connections of the tone arms and there not quite sitting tight. just needs a bit of helping. Mixer is nuts man, feels like some sort of futuristic space mixer compared to the djm500!.

is everything exactly the same on both turntables? ie weights, skating etc etc? so you swap tts over and the issue is still coming from the channel?

have you tried all the other channels, is the problem the same?

also in regard to timecode signal needing to be stronger, not necessarily. My left headshell is a bit fucked (think its the headshell) and i can't play straight vinyl as the signal is too quiet. However with serato it's completely fine.

is there a balance for the sound on the mixer? if so make sure thats central.
i know this is all obvious steps but i find it hard to imagine there is a problem with a brand new 92.

the lights going on one side when a channel cue is on is the 'split cue' option (above headphone volume)

try testing with a cdj - even being a vinyl man myself, and servicing turntables, I generally always test channels with a CDJ as there is a lot less chance a channel is bung (as long as your RCA's are OK) - if it is then its a deck/headshell/needle issue

- - - Updated - - -

is everything exactly the same on both turntables? ie weights, skating etc etc? so you swap tts over and the issue is still coming from the channel?

have you tried all the other channels, is the problem the same?

also in regard to timecode signal needing to be stronger, not necessarily. My left headshell is a bit fucked (think its the headshell) and i can't play straight vinyl as the signal is too quiet. However with serato it's completely fine.

is there a balance for the sound on the mixer? if so make sure thats central.
i know this is all obvious steps but i find it hard to imagine there is a problem with a brand new 92.
do you play vinyl through Serato? If its too quiet, adjust the sensitivity in the setup options - just found this out last night after a couple of years of volume changing issues going between my vinyl and my mates timecode :)

seems to work fine now. it was the needles. my pro s carts are like 6 years old or something, probably time to upgrade. they came with my decks.

do you play vinyl through Serato? If its too quiet, adjust the sensitivity in the setup options - just found this out last night after a couple of years of volume changing issues going between my vinyl and my mates timecode :)

I do, i'll try this next time i'm on but i don't think it will solve the issue. When i play straight vinyl without serato through the phono the issue is the same, one deck plays far far quieter than the other. thanks for the help though.

glad you got it sorted tone, i dont think my Pro S's help matters much either, shures for me next time i think

Back
Top Bottom