Xone 92 or DJM 850K

• Thread starter Xone 92 or DJM 850K
  • Start date
X

Xone 92 or DJM 850K

Torn between what mixer I wanna buy, I know the 92 is much loved around here but ive also never had a high end pioneer.

Ive got an old 62 in good nick currently but hate the layout, faders and find the eq to be pretty awful for some reason.

I feel like the low removes so way too much of the mids when fully counter clockwise, leaving almost nothing in the mix. Obviously I could just use the filters but having a touch of eq is definitely nice with 3 takes and constantly assigning filters, which is a pain on the 62 due to awful position of switch.

torn.
filters on the xone are boss...really boss. but pioneers smash it in all other departments for me personally. the eqs are great and the layouts have been standard for years. but those filters on the a&h... tough choice. go somewhere have a play on both of them and make up your mind from there.

I don't like the 62. The filters are a bit too resonant, even at the lowest resonance setting. The EQ's aren't great either, as you've already mentioned.

I do enjoy mixing on a Xone 92, the filters are great, but I tend to prefer playing on a decent pioneer mixer when playing out. Especially if I'm using 3 decks.

I'd recommend having a proper mix for a few hours on each. I used to prefer the 92, but my mixing tends to be a lot better on a pioneer.

Agree with the comments above.

The filters on the A&H mixers are so good; a lot of people using the 92 for example end up filter mixing and a lot of eq'ing is actually forgotten about in my opinion. You don't have that luxury on the pioneer mixers, but what they have made up for in lack of filters is more precise EQ's.

Worth trying out both before purchasing considering the amount of money involved.

Cheers for the replies, wish I could have a play with both not really any decent shops near me though, leaning towards the pioneer at the moment would probably eventually use the soundcard as well.

Pioneer just so pricey these days heard they are putting the price up due to brexit as well.

well.. do you need all the features of the djm 850?
they offer cheaper mixers that still have all the essential features. worth considering if you dont need that many channels etc

well.. do you need all the features of the djm 850?
they offer cheaper mixers that still have all the essential features. worth considering if you dont need that many channels etc

Not hugely traktor would be nice but i've only got a desktop PC and currently have no plans on getting a laptop anytime soon so likely wont be using the sound card for that. 750 would probably do me.

HMM iv just been offered a straight swap for my xone 92 and get an 850K in return - im torn. I think ill stick with the 92 though. Im not massive on the filters I still like to mix with EQ - however I feel like I might regret letting go of the 92?

Back
Top Bottom