Xone 92 Graphite Grey

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
I want one of these badboys for Xmas. The 92 just got sexier....

xone92grey.jpg

v nice! i liked the feel the plain light one gave off though. never too fussed about the looks personally, just get me a Xone!

Used one for the first time a few weeks ago and it pisses over the 62 so badly :( Wish i just forked out the extra money now, shucks! Kinda glad I didnt tho as this is available, deffo gotta be black for me.. (y)

I want one of these badboys for Xmas. The 92 just got sexier....

xone92grey.jpg

That is a tasty looking mother fucker... Dunno if I could part with my DJM-800 though.

No filter pot on each channel either... that would piss me of no end. The usability of the filters pots on the djm-800 is unrivalled.

Fabric has got one in room 1 now. The only club in the world to have one

Really?? They must have a prototype... Bastards!

I know one of the Tech-team at Allen & Heath and he said that they aren't releasing the graphite model until the old silver stock was sold out from china where they are manufactured. He reckoned Feb 2010. I'm replacing my old Xone92 with this one when it does as it matches my piano black 1210 mk5g's. Like the holes on the front plate too.

That is a tasty looking mother fucker... Dunno if I could part with my DJM-800 though.

No filter pot on each channel either... that would piss me of no end. The usability of the filters pots on the djm-800 is unrivalled.

Sorry to be a fucking nerd but the 92 has a double the capability in terms of using 2 different filters at the same time. On the 800 you can only use one at a time, correct me if i'm wrong tho. Plus you have full control of the filter compared to only being able to set it by time in ms.

Can't imagine not using them on my 62 now lol! Could never own a mixer other than AH now.

Sorry to be a fucking nerd but the 92 has a double the capability in terms of using 2 different filters at the same time. On the 800 you can only use one at a time, correct me if i'm wrong tho. Plus you have full control of the filter compared to only being able to set it by time in ms.

Can't imagine not using them on my 62 now lol! Could never own a mixer other than AH now.

Im guessing you have never used a djm... I will correct you but not atm as using phone.

Im guessing you have never used a djm... I will correct you but not atm as using phone.

I have used a DJM-800 quite a few times and the build quality is so much better than the 600. The blue effects onthe left are a lot better and easier to use than the usual effects unit. They are still very limited though. Turn it left for low pass and right high pass but you don't get any control over the resonance, it is set. Still not as good as the 2 assignable filters on the Xone 92 but a vast improvement on the old DJM-600.

Right, at a pc know so I'll explain.. Althought Gloxxy has mentioned a bit.

The DJM-800 has a in-built effect unit with digital screen to the right hand side of the mixer, this is where your getting the preset's in milliseconds. What this section of the mixer actually does is sync itself with the music (usually quiet effective) then you can set using the arrows buttons how long you want the effect to last, this will be set in bars not in milliseconds. You can manually adjust it in milliseconds but I see little point as you can select wether you want the effect to last 4 bars 8 bars etc so why you would need to fine tune it I dont know. So that's the effects unit, which has about 10 effects including filter, flanger, phase, reverb, roll etc (I actually never use this tbh)

Each channel each has a individual rotary fader used for the filter, sweep, crush and harmonics. This is just above the upfader and like Gloxxy says doesn't allow you to adjust the resonence (wildness) but is a low pass filter when turned to the left and high pass filter when turned to the right if the filter button is selected from the bank of blue buttons on the left hand side of the mixer inline with the rotaries for the filters. Hope this clears up what I was getting at.

My grip with the 92 is that you dont get the individual rotaries above each channel meaning that you have to assign the filter to the channel which you desire.

Last edited:
Ah yeah i get what you mean but that isn't as useful in my opinion that you can only press a button and then set it to bars. I use my filters to mix so you can get the blends a lot cleaner as its under the users complete control. If you don't quite press the button bang on the beat then the filter will end too late and vise versa, sometimes sounds a bit sloppy. I have used a 600 (used to own one) and have used an 800 many times in clubs but just don't like not having full control, you miss that button and press it too late it sounds wack and noticable when you take it off. Especially in a club!

But anyway who gives a shit, each to their own init Greg! Oh and in Feb i'll hopefully have a 92 for you to play on ;)

When I say I use my filters to mix i mean both channels are constantly filtered but at different levels (frequency)

Ah yeah i get what you mean but that isn't as useful in my opinion that you can only press a button and then set it to bars. I use my filters to mix so you can get the blends a lot cleaner as its under the users complete control. If you don't quite press the button bang on the beat then the filter will end too late and vise versa, sometimes sounds a bit sloppy. I have used a 600 (used to own one) and have used an 800 many times in clubs but just don't like not having full control, you miss that button and press it too late it sounds wack and noticable when you take it off. Especially in a club!

But anyway who gives a shit, each to their own init Greg! Oh and in Feb i'll hopefully have a 92 for you to play on ;)

there are two filters on it... The rotary above each channel controls the other filter which is selected by the blue buttons on the left hand side... This has absoloutly nothing to do with the effect unit on the right hand side.

The dial is turned clockwise to enter into a high pass sweep, the more you turn it the deeper the cut, and vice versa for the low pass. I don't ever push any buttons in time to start my filter, I have complete control on how much filter I want. You seem to be confusing the effect unit with the low/high pass filter on the channels. So I can have a tune filtered on a high pass and slowly bring it down to normal as I bring it in whilst rolling the original tune out with the low pass. You getting me yet? lol

You have listened to my sets right? The filtering in there is fully controlled by me and I do not ever use the effects unit activated by the button on the right hand side whatsoever. When you have used the djm-800 did you not use the rotaries above each channel or at least wonder what they are there for?

Ohh... nice one @ February. Indeed each to there own, but to be honest i think I'd like both :D .... Im gonna have fun on that beast :teeth:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom