Xone 62 VS Xone 92

Lunos

VIP Junglist
i wanna upgrade my mixer to either one of these. just wondering if someone who knows can weigh up the pros and cons of each mixer and let me know what they think is a more 'suitable' mixer.

peace

I have both of these as i never got round to selling my 62...

Basically they both do exactly the same thing apart from having a 2 assignable banks of filter effects instead of one, dual modulation settings assignable to the filters which never get used really and an midi input.
Apart from that a few switches and dials are in slightly different places but thats it. Both have 4 band EQ and for me the filters basically are the mixer.

If you are on a budget go for the 62 - if not the 92

Also, the 92 has an active crossfader circuit and Penny & Giles fader so its good for scratching. The 62 only has a passive crossfader circuit so its not very responsive for cutting.

The 92 has a crossfader curve rotary pot where as the 62 only has a button to select sharp or soft corssfader curve.

i love my xone62 almost as if it was my child, i got it on the cheap ex display for like 529, the xone92 is blatantly better but well expensive

XONE 42 FTW!!!

BMR315311.jpg

XONE 42 FTW!!!

BMR315311.jpg

The VCF's are better positioned on the 92 IMO dude... besides, if you are planning on playing out you would never come across one of these in a club. each to their own tho. ;)

I always have the cross fader switched off as i'm not into scratching at all in DnB music. Hype squeezed the life out of it for years... It bores me tbh :rinsed:

I have both of these as i never got round to selling my 62...

Basically they both do exactly the same thing apart from having a 2 assignable banks of filter effects instead of one, dual modulation settings assignable to the filters which never get used really and an midi input.
Apart from that a few switches and dials are in slightly different places but thats it. Both have 4 band EQ and for me the filters basically are the mixer.

If you are on a budget go for the 62 - if not the 92

can you do the same thing with the filters with the 62 as the 92

yes, the filters are the same. exactly the same on all allen and heath mixers.

different between 62 and 92 is that :

62, you can only assign one type of filter to both sides at any one time - as that's the only option. you can only select one filter at any one time.

with the 92, you can select any of the 3 filters on either side to use at any time in any combination. so you can use HP on the left and LP on the right if you wanted.

whereas 62 you'd have to use HP and HP, as there's not an option to do it otherwise.

didnt they have a 62 at the end?

andy used the filters on that right but their different to the 92.

sounds like 92 is the one

they used to have a 62, then they got a 92.
had a djm800 at some points too.

he woulda used the filters the same on both xones in exactly the same way, that is - HPF > set filter closer to mild than wild, then;

SWOOSSHHH THOSE BASSLINES.

main difference between 62 and 92 is extra buttons and switches, quite litterely + the crossfader etc....

92 if you got the cash
62 will be fine otherwise.

XONE 4D, same as 92 and 62 cept its got loads of Midi controlers aswell

don't let jordans son Harvey see it or he'll click you and steel it from you! Lol

that boy loves flashing lights and knobs...

Back
Top Bottom