Xone 62 vs Xone 42

get a Xone 62 man (y)

im picking one up at the end of the month when i get payed

i heard the 42's good if you wanna use it as an effects unit aswell as a mixer as it has the direct usb link, plus you can filter external effects with the X-FX feature. 62's got the 4 band eq tho so probly better for actual mixing i guess?

can see from ur pic you have a djm 800 how come the switch to allen & heath the pioneer not cuttin it??

Last edited:
i heard the 42's good if you wanna use it as an effects unit aswell as a mixer as it has the direct usb link, plus you can filter external effects with the X-FX feature. 62's got the 4 band eq tho so probly better for actual mixing i guess?

can see from ur pic you have a djm 800 how come the switch to allen & heath the pioneer not cuttin it??

unfortunately i only rented the djm800 for 2 months. i had a mixer problem and needed a backup at the time. i own a djm500 and its getting dated. i need an upgrade badly.

im leaning towards the 62 because of the 4 band eq and because it has 4 phono/4 line inputs.

on the 42, there are only 2 phono inputs. that wont really cut it in my studio as i have 3 turntables. its got 2 phono/6 line inputs. although i really like the modern layout of the 42, i dont know if it exactly suits my needs.

Ive had a Xone 62 for about 5 years now, Im now on my second one and still can't fault them, Ive bought a Xone 92 but sold this after 2 weeks as its a completely different mixer rather than a 62 with extra stuff as I expected, Ive used a 42 but in all honesty you cant beat a 62 for drum n bass, plus ontop of this its the mixer I come accross most often in clubs

Ive had a Xone 62 for about 5 years now, Im now on my second one and still can't fault them, Ive bought a Xone 92 but sold this after 2 weeks as its a completely different mixer rather than a 62 with extra stuff as I expected, Ive used a 42 but in all honesty you cant beat a 62 for drum n bass, plus ontop of this its the mixer I come accross most often in clubs

are the 62 and 92 really that different :confused: ? i was the same just thought the 92 was an upgrade, was savin up for one but if the 62s better for drum might save money and get that instead!

The crossfader is utter toilet on a Xone 62, not sure about the 42 but the newer models I've used all seem to have a better one.

If you use that a lot then look into that.

The crossfader is utter toilet on a Xone 62, not sure about the 42 but the newer models I've used all seem to have a better one.

If you use that a lot then look into that.

Word!!! One of the places I play out has an xone 62 and the x fader is utter poo.
I prefer the 42 personally but if you can get the 92:)

Xone42 cutoffs go to zero, unlike any other A&H before it. Its cool to play with a 4 band EQ, but if it doesn't cut to zero its kinda pointless.

my buddy owns a Xone42, i was skeptical at first. But i am thinkin about selling my rane56 to get an A&H again. Its a really great mixer

All about Xone 62...

I haven't used a xone 42 yet but from my experience nearly every club I have ever played/ had a look at the decks they all ways use xone 62...

I have used the Xone 92 a couple of times and felt that the mixer is just to busy...
Loads of filter effect knobs etc.. that I would never use and just get in the way.

The cross fader on the xone 62 is fine for mixing... Just don't expect to be doing any scratching etc.. Because the fader doesn't have a very good cutting point even when switched into scratch mode.. (with a brand new cross fader)

The cross fader is the only feature that I feel allen and heath need to sort out (if there were any changes to be made at all)

This mixer just has everything that any dnb dj would ever need.
Why pay for more filters etc.. if your not going to use them (in my case any way)

The Xone 62 is industry standard really..

I've heard your mixes and I highly recommend the xone 62 especially if you are going to be using 3 decks etc..

I've had my xone 62 nearly two years now and I don't think that I will be upgrading any time soon

thanks for all the help peeps. it looks like im gonna get the xone 62.
its the cheapest out of the lot aswell at $799 canadian

Back
Top Bottom