Xone 62 vs Xone 42

Ive had a xone 62 for years (9-10), but the crossfader has gone kaput after being in storage, and the filters have got a bit 'weak' somehow (even though the whole thing looks new still).. I'm edging towards the djm800 as a replacement, as most clubs ive played at have them now. Although, it is a quality 'mixing' mixer, and if i could find somewhere local to me that could referb it, i'd probably stick with it

Last edited:
without goin into mixer wars ive used both pioneer (500 through to 3000) and xone 62 - 92.

The Xone is 100% analogue so the sound quality and feel is much much better. Pioneer are digital and to me the sound is a lil bit 'tinny' and the controls are unresponsive. The FX are gimmicky n garbage as well. If u try n mix with teh filters on the 900 i found that u have to turn the volume down on teh channel as it screams through mid range.

And by the looks of the original posters sig he ended up goin for the pioneer

im in love with my 92, maybe push the boat out to get this??

Got one aswell, is a beast. Have used a 62 b4 and I feel it cuts the mid out a bit too much when the bass is all the way down, 92 keeps em nicely balanced for the mix

Got a 62 myself, best mixer I have ever used by a country mile. Have never used a 92 mind, although the differences seem too small to justify the price hike imo. Would like to use one someday to see what they are like though.

I get it now! This is like people with VW Camper vans isn't it? Is there a special handshake you guys have?

Im currently deciding on the same thing myself, really want a 62 but the faders are too fiddly, i need something chunky like the 42, is it possibly to fit the 42 fader switches (the plastic bits) and put them on a 62?

im in love with my 92, maybe push the boat out to get this??

That boat would be so far out.

Worlds_End_art.jpg

Went for the 42. If anyone has the knowledge, i only have the cables for the booth output. Is it worth getting the ones for the MIX output? I would have to get XLR to phono for my speakers anyway so....

Went for the 42. If anyone has the knowledge, i only have the cables for the booth output. Is it worth getting the ones for the MIX output? I would have to get XLR to phono for my speakers anyway so....

Dont think it should be a problem mate. I use booth for recording so I have control of the volume going into my PC on the mixer

One of us recently bought a 62 which we use in the mixing room. Used to live with a mate who had a 92. Definitely prefer the feel of the 62, feels more rugged and doesn't have all the excess switches and stuff which just get in the way for mixing dnb, however the one big thing that the 92 has going for it is separate filters so you can assign LPF to one channel and HPF to another etc. Other than that, I don't really think the 92 is worth the extra money.

Two quick things though - do the filters on the 92 roll off at different frequencies to the ones on the 62? On the 62 it shows 100Hz as the lowest frequency but surely it goes lower than that otherwise you'd never hear sub bass with the HPF on. Anyone know?

Also can you replace the standard upfader switches with the flat style like on the 92?

Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Would be difficult to justify the £1200 for a 92 for just bedroom mixing! The led meters seem quite small compared to other mixers which would be difficult regarding levels

Back
Top Bottom