Xone 42 silver ?

bongobongo

Yo,

I just made an impulse buy and snapped up a xone 42 silver for £379 preowned traded in but has a 1 year warranty off whybuynew. I'm guessing it was so cheap because the silver edition is older than the black edition? Is there anything I need to be concerned about in regards to this silver version compared to the black one as I can always cancel/send it back? As it seems extremely cheap.

Thx

a second hand 42 for £379 isnt an unheard of price. i wouldnt be worried at all, allen and heaths are built to last

Don't really care about looks , the 1 year warranty kind if made me buy it wouldn't of bought it for it off a private seller with no warranty for that.

I was thinking of getting one of these mixers on finance, anyone had experience with them before? atm got a behringer NOX303 which is ok but think its time for an upgrade

Few threads about with comparisons with the 62 if you use the search tool mate. I only went for it for the price to be honest seemed to be a good deal where aa your looks 600+ for the 62 and some people are claiming they prefer the 42 as a personal choice .

i got a 62 nice and cheap 2nd hand off ebay, 300 and something i think. 2nd hand always worth considering...

does the 42 have two filters or just one?

Just the one filter. I could of gone private seller and got the 62 for same price i guess but I'm no pro so id struggle to tell of something was broke and things do break so thought if play it safe with buying from company. I've got like a 15 yr old numark mixer can't rember the model but its shit so big upgrade for me anyway.

To be precise there graphite not black arent they. and yes do look nicer. I think you could probably buy one off A&H as they must sell them through the spares department . Anyway my silver ones coming tomorrow gonna be eagerly waiting by the kitchen window for a delivery van :)

Also the 42 has only 2 phono inputs rest are line. Shouldn't be a problem for 99% of people. who has 3 turntables playing vinyl now days? 62 has 4 band eq but bit over complicated for me adding another eq so I think I'll be happy with the 42.

Last edited:
To be precise there graphite not black arent they. and yes do look nicer. I think you could probably buy one off A&H as they must sell them through the spares department . Anyway my silver ones coming tomorrow gonna be eagerly waiting by the kitchen window for a delivery van :)

Also the 42 has only 2 phono inputs rest are line. Shouldn't be a problem for 99% of people. who has 3 turntables playing vinyl now days? 62 has 4 band eq but bit over complicated for me adding another eq so I think I'll be happy with the 42.

I plan to haha, looks like I might have to get a 62 on finance

Hmm dont wanna spark a debate off here but I dno 3 vinyl turntables thru phono seems a bit backwards now days as if your using traktor and serato they go into line in not phono anyway so who really needs 3 turntables running through a phono? If your a hobbyist and thats what you like then fair enuff . I will have 2 1210s split into phono for vinyl and line for traktor and when i get a 3rd it will be a cdj therefore line input .

Hmm dont wanna spark a debate off here but I dno 3 vinyl turntables thru phono seems a bit backwards now days as if your using traktor and serato they go into line in not phono anyway so who really needs 3 turntables running through a phono? If your a hobbyist and thats what you like then fair enuff . I will have 2 1210s split into phono for vinyl and line for traktor and when i get a 3rd it will be a cdj therefore line input .

Can see your point mate, was thinking about getting a 42 with 2 pioneer 850's on finance and just hook up my 2 turntables to that but recently been buying strictly vinyl each month for the past 3-4 months and no digital really just because soo many good releases have come out to vinyl, might still go for the original plan but need to make the right decision because I'm gonna be paying this off for a while, preferably would get a 62 with 2 cdj's, another turntable and probably upgrade to traktor a10 but thats bit out of price range haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom