Xone 42-Graphite

DJ Spliff

Never Enuff Vinyl
VIP Junglist
Thinking of upgrading to this mixer as Christmas gift to myself. All the reviews say it has a "filter" as in one but which one? High Pass,Band Pass, Low Pass? Any comments/suggestions or reasons for buying something else are more than welcome. And before any suggests getting a 62 or 92 they are out of my price range.

allen_heath_xone_42.jpg

Next to the 4th channel upfader there are 3 buttons, 1 for each filter (HP, BP, LP), pretty standard for the Xone Series... apart for the 02 (my personal reccomendation for price / quality, the linear eq is wicked... also you can't go wrong with a penny and giles x-fader) ;)

Picked this up about a month ago, can't say enough good things about it. Everything about it feels, looks and sounds right. The response from the EQ bands is spot on, the filter is (naturally) amazing, and most importantly the sound quality of the mixer is unfaultable.

Only annoying thing is only 2 phono outputs. So if your a 3 decker then I hope your third deck is a CDJ or you'll have problems.

i would seriously choose this over the 92, simply because of having a filter for each channel.

it's the next logical progression for next "high end club mixer" from a&h

You definitely won't regret it mate. I upgraded from the Behlringer DJM 600 rip off to one of these. Made mixing and absolute pleasure (I can't emphasise that word enough). You feel so much more in control.

Welcome to the Allen & Heath Club :afro:

i would seriously choose this over the 92, simply because of having a filter for each channel.

it's the next logical progression for next "high end club mixer" from a&h

It doesn't have a filter for each channel unfortunately. I thought this as i was guna buy one before. It basically has adjustable resonance on each channel but only one filter can be used at anytime, you can't do what the 62 and 92 can. That's be silly for AH to make mixer half the price of a 92 and make it have 4 filters. You can select all 4 channels to filter at once but you can't filter them differently. Bit pointless really

Back
Top Bottom