XLR or 1/4" or RCA?

Am picking up these in a couple of days..

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR272145

and am wondering does it really matter what cable i use as i could use any of the 3? I mean do they have a difference in price/sound quality or anything that would matter?

Thanks in advance.

From what I understand XLR will be the best quality, the leads shouldn't be much more expensive. What are they being plugged into at the other end?

You definitely won't notice any difference between phono/1/4" jack input...they're almost always the same gauge of cable. If you find XLR cables for the same price go for those...they're a bit more robust and usually a higher gauge of cable (= better signal to noise ratio).

You definitely won't notice any difference between phono/1/4" jack input...they're almost always the same gauge of cable. If you find XLR cables for the same price go for those...they're a bit more robust and usually a higher gauge of cable (= better signal to noise ratio).

cheers mate, price isnt really a huge issue unless it is ridiculously more!!

XLR all the way if your playing loud. Bedroom volumes dont matter for shizzle. :)

Also get the Rokit 6s, worth the extra dollar imo but thats a different matter...

Oh and why you getting a Vestax VMC 185XL to replace your Numark? Just curious cos i can't see the benefit unless you get a Xone 32?

XLR all the way if your playing loud. Bedroom volumes dont matter for shizzle. :)

Also get the Rokit 6s, worth the extra dollar imo but thats a different matter...

Oh and why you getting a Vestax VMC 185XL to replace your Numark? Just curious cos i can't see the benefit unless you get a Xone 32?

This is really pushing my budget with the speakers already mate! Thought it was the best option from what i can see!

Well my numark is dying and needs to be replaced, heard good things about vestax! and yeah, 500quid is a little out of budget haha!! any better options for 200quid? needs 3 channels.

Fairplay then man, its all about the cash these days :(

On the mixer side of things i'd deffo get the Vestax if your budget is 200 notes, they are sturdy as fuck and will last you a frigging life time. Seems you have tings all sqaured up anyways.

Btw did you make it Brighton the other week for that Charity event i played at?

Fairplay then man, its all about the cash these days :(

On the mixer side of things i'd deffo get the Vestax if your budget is 200 notes, they are sturdy as fuck and will last you a frigging life time. Seems you have tings all sqaured up anyways.

Btw did you make it Brighton the other week for that Charity event i played at?

yeah lets hope so! just gotta wait til payday and hope it all adds up! haha!

na afraid not mate i couldnt get hold of any id!!! hit up a few mates with it though said it was a good night!!!!!!!

XLR to XLR would be best but like someone earlier said for bedroom mixing the chances of you noticing the difference between jacks and xlr are pretty slim!

oh right cool yeah it will be bedroom, medium/high volume.. is there a difference in durabilty between them? like the xlr seems pretty bulky and as if its built to last rather than a shitty thin piece of rca cable haha!

Back
Top Bottom