XIRIS - Take Part (Original WIP)

xiris

Resident Canadian
VIP Junglist
SECRET SOUNDCLOUD LINK

New one from me, I heard Newcaise may have also found this vocal not too long ago.

Still wanna add some risers/atmospheric touchups in the background, but what do you guys think of the main idea?

Feedback, comments, critique is, as always, extremely welcome [and in fact encouraged]

All the best guys n gals!

really like it man, it needs a touch bit of mixing work, mainly the hat stands out quite a lot and I think its calling for some more perc layers to fill the break out.
I think once you have the mix sorted it'll be really solid.

The eq modulation on the vocal sounds good over the drop. Can you add a different bass or switch up the melody at end of 16s, usually helps to give the new 16 more energy i find

Hell yeah this is rolling out real nice Xiris!

This really isn't my type of tune (in terms of production, not saying I don't appreciate the sound) so you can take this with a pinch of salt, but in the interest of giving you something to think about I'd say the piano matching the vocal sounds a little Avicii for my ears; I'd suggest adding a few additional notes in here and there, or even following a counter-melody with the keys at certain points to deviate from the vocal a little. The drums are coming along nicely, sounds like you've still got a bit of work in mind on them, but I have no qualms with anything you've got there already, my only suggestion would be to throw a bandpass on the snare in the buildup and open it up as it progresses toward the drop.

I'd love to be of more help but I really don't have anything to add, great work and can't wait to see what it turns into!

Hell yeah this is rolling out real nice Xiris!
the piano matching the vocal sounds a little Avicii for my ears; I'd suggest adding a few additional notes in here and there, or even following a counter-melody with the keys at certain points to deviate from the vocal a little. The drums are coming along nicely, sounds like you've still got a bit of work in mind on them, but I have no qualms with anything you've got there already, my only suggestion would be to throw a bandpass on the snare in the buildup and open it up as it progresses toward the drop.

I'd love to be of more help but I really don't have anything to add, great work and can't wait to see what it turns into!

hahahah "a bit avicii", i totally get what you mean though, I'll give it a revisit. Thanks for listening, and giving feedback!

really like it man, it needs a touch bit of mixing work, mainly the hat stands out quite a lot and I think its calling for some more perc layers to fill the break out.
I think once you have the mix sorted it'll be really solid.

The eq modulation on the vocal sounds good over the drop. Can you add a different bass or switch up the melody at end of 16s, usually helps to give the new 16 more energy i find

aye, i agree with this as well, i think i could get some more layers in there, the tune does come across as a bit simple now that i've taken a couple days away from it. Thanks for your feedback man!

Back
Top Bottom