Xiris - Danger Zone

Cool track!! synths sound really powerful! Maybe the snare you can tweak just a little (its a bit too bright for me I guess), maybe give it a cool tail with reverb or add a white noise as tail. Cool samples and track overall!

Cool track!! synths sound really powerful! Maybe the snare you can tweak just a little (its a bit too bright for me I guess), maybe give it a cool tail with reverb or add a white noise as tail. Cool samples and track overall!
thanks for the suggestions on the snare, I've never thought to use white noise as part of my snare sound, though it makes a lot of sense!

sorry mate, only just clocked this one, top stuff! heavy!!! the beat is f'ing naughty too! respect!

1:37 onwards is absolute fire!!!!

Big tune mate! Vocal samples could poke through slightly more I'd say and them ghost notes in the breaks could be a bit more pronounced - given the nature of the bassline they get lost a little bit at times.

This track has massive potential.

Drums - I like a lot, the amen break edits in the back really help the drums move along. (everything else sounds clear to me although the drums do get a little overshadowed by the mid bass)

Bass - tear out bass (i like a lot!)

Archer - Yes from me haha

After the first 32 I found that the structure change kinda threw me off a little bit (I'm very simple when it comes to dnb so it could just be me being a boring fart)

I'd love to of heard the first 32 build up with maybe a riser 16 bars from the second main section (maybe a drop of drums and then the mid bass being low passed and some crazy drum edits)

Overall though man the production value on this is good and the vibe you're going for is really coming through well, good shit, gonna drop you a follow!

sorry mate, only just clocked this one, top stuff! heavy!!! the beat is f'ing naughty too! respect!

1:37 onwards is absolute fire!!!!

thanks man!

Big tune mate! Vocal samples could poke through slightly more I'd say and them ghost notes in the breaks could be a bit more pronounced - given the nature of the bassline they get lost a little bit at times.

thanks for your feedback! I listened to this today for the first time in a bit and noticed the same thing w. the vocal sample as well.
...I got this weird habit of mixing vocals too quiet, then going back weeks later and only then realizing that.

This track has massive potential.

Drums - I like a lot, the amen break edits in the back really help the drums move along. (everything else sounds clear to me although the drums do get a little overshadowed by the mid bass)

Bass - tear out bass (i like a lot!)

Archer - Yes from me haha

After the first 32 I found that the structure change kinda threw me off a little bit (I'm very simple when it comes to dnb so it could just be me being a boring fart)

I'd love to of heard the first 32 build up with maybe a riser 16 bars from the second main section (maybe a drop of drums and then the mid bass being low passed and some crazy drum edits)

Overall though man the production value on this is good and the vibe you're going for is really coming through well, good shit, gonna drop you a follow!

Thanks for your feedback mate!
I see what you and Misti mean about the drums. I was struggling with this in my mix-down... as i boosted the breaks, i felt i lost the energy of the bass line, but when I dialled them back, I felt like the bass line killed the flow of the drums and the track. I tried balancing this with some EQ work on the synth and drum busses respectively, and it helped a bit, but i'm not sure what else to do to "punch" those breaks more effectively into my mix. hmm.. maybe some gentle but fast gating on the breaks, and boost the volume a db or so? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom