DnB XIRIS - Changing Colours

Nice tune man! Calming atmo and good drum work! The glockenspiel melo could be a bit lower and I’m missing a bigger kick but I guess u did that on purpose for this track. Well done, good work imo! :2thumbs:

Musicality is nice and the drum work is impressive as the others have said.

Levels seem a little out of kilter though, instrumentation is a bit loud and the bassline just swamps everything when it finally lands.

Enjoyed listening to it.

Very nice work man! I feel like the bass is possibly a little boomy? If that's the right word? I'd try playing around with your EQing between 150-~700Hz and try and scoop out a little space in the 200Hz range, seeing if that could be the issue, this may also give your snare a bit more space. Loving it otherwise, lovely vebz.

Very nice work man! I feel like the bass is possibly a little boomy? If that's the right word? I'd try playing around with your EQing between 150-~700Hz and try and scoop out a little space in the 200Hz range, seeing if that could be the issue, this may also give your snare a bit more space. Loving it otherwise, lovely vebz.

i went back into the file and scooped out the bass and i do like it quite a bit more. Gonna get some slight side chaining going from my kick to duck my bass too. Thank you for your feedback! Ill re-up the edited mixdown.

Nice tune man! Calming atmo and good drum work! The glockenspiel melo could be a bit lower and I’m missing a bigger kick but I guess u did that on purpose for this track. Well done, good work imo! :2thumbs:

I agree, i left the tune on the backburner for a couple days and now revisiting it i want me some kick as well. Dialled the harp thing (good technical term there, ha) back quite a bit too. Cheers for your comments!

I only got to listen on my crappy phone speakers but I like it man. Catchy piano riff also the drums are really cool man, I love the turnarounds.

Nice track! Drums are great especially the fills although agree they could be pushed up in the mix a little. Maybe eq a bit of the click in the kick? struggling to hear it clearly in the mix.

Nice track! Drums are great especially the fills although agree they could be pushed up in the mix a little. Maybe eq a bit of the click in the kick? struggling to hear it clearly in the mix.
Ive got a weird relationship w these drums, just did the car test and i agree w you and leniz that it needs a boost. Will re-re-re-evaluate said levela and i think ill layer in a click kick cuz it just doesn't have the snappp

alright, so the drums are a break, and after much muckin' around with side chaining i just couldn't get a click to click at the right time, and i'm not quite up for manually re-programming these drums, so a bit of low boost and gating on the kick, louder overall drums and yeah, here we go!

I still feel like there's a little lack of kick... should i spend the hour or two drawing little midi boxes and replicating the kick of the break?

feeling this man! think its a good direction, and yeah drums are really cool and agree with the kick that its kind of inaudible. you know its not so noticeable because of the 'live drums' sound but a punchier kick wooould PUNCH-uate the beat more... go for layering one on top maybe? upto you.

see what i did the... oh..

Back
Top Bottom