Xipe Totec - neomind technoid!! + hidden bonus.

like that drone/synth in the intro. drop is tasty, hypnotic lead, track progresses nicely, good melody and bleeps from 2:10 keeping you hooked. ha, that bit at the end reminds me of a game...

sweet sound, love the hecticness of it all, although i think for that level of hecticness it needs more variation, if just to give it more impact. mixdown is confusing me, everything sounds level, but a bit wrong, perhaps midrange is to prominant, although i'm wonderin if theres sum reverb going on that needs a little more control? but apart from that, really nice work!

sweet sound, love the hecticness of it all, although i think for that level of hecticness it needs more variation, if just to give it more impact. mixdown is confusing me, everything sounds level, but a bit wrong, perhaps midrange is to prominant, although i'm wonderin if theres sum reverb going on that needs a little more control? but apart from that, really nice work!

first of all thanks for that feedback a lot. Really nice to see people taking time to improve my tunes :)

As for hecticness, well I'm fully awared of it, it's a lot repetitive at first sight, I just add bits and few things underneath it. Maybe I have to make these changes a bit more prominent.
When the drop kicks in just 16 bars after there's a little stop that introduces a new open hi hat and a new hi hat pattern. Also a new "reverbed bass" pattern.
And then every 16bars there's a little change.

Xipe Totec was Aztec's deity for Vegetation and Torture, hence in the bridge there will be rain (vegetation breeder) and the song itself it's a constant stress (torture), or at least I'm trying!, everything is being pitched up and big reverb sounds that claim to be danger alarms.

I'm checking now the "midrange" issues you pointed out, there's too much reverb, thanks for pointing that out. I was unsure about it too, so let's see if I can fix it ;)

Again thanks for your feedback and time on listening! =)

Back
Top Bottom