Bass Xenflex - Neurohop Track

i think you will be forgiven for posting in the wrong coz the track is awesome! i would actually buy it dude.
now for the nuero reece tut!????

Not bad, love to see other neuro artists here. Post to the right section tho

Def post in the right section next time...but I'll throw you some feedback because in all sincerity this tune deserves it.

Honestly, the genre isn't my cup of tea...that said, I can certainly respect the track as well as the production.

That stuttering vocal that you've sprinkled throughout the tune is tits! How did you achieve that if you don't mind me asking?

The drums sound perfectly tuned, and the relationship between the fills, the stutter edits and bassline are surprisingly brilliant. The synth sounds too are quite pleasant, I'd even use some in a couple tracks because they seem to cut through the mix nicely.

TBH, I really don't have much in terms of feedback. Truth be told, the song kept my interest from start to finish–which is saying a lot considering I don't tend to listen to the genre much.

Well done sir.

Sorry for not answering your questions! For the reece/bass sounds, I just messed around with Massive a lot and then put a vocoder on the end of it, and messed around with that til I got some interesting sounds then automated the vocoder.

For the vocals, I found a sample of a girl singing long notes like ooooh and aaaaah etc, and I chopped it up into single long notes, then just retuned them to have a few different notes of each sample, played the melody on the piano roll and added some reverb and delay. It's really easy but takes time to get a melody going.

I sent the track to a neurohop label and they're gonna release it! My first release will not be a DnB record (I struggle mixing down dnb for some reason).

Eternal Optomist, your signature GIF is awesome!

thanks for the reply.
any chance of a walk through of the bassline? fx chain? vocoder u used?
i have seen emporor do the same but i just never get decent results. always sounds too distorted. big up

Sorry for not answering your questions! For the reece/bass sounds, I just messed around with Massive a lot and then put a vocoder on the end of it, and messed around with that til I got some interesting sounds then automated the vocoder.

For the vocals, I found a sample of a girl singing long notes like ooooh and aaaaah etc, and I chopped it up into single long notes, then just retuned them to have a few different notes of each sample, played the melody on the piano roll and added some reverb and delay. It's really easy but takes time to get a melody going.

I sent the track to a neurohop label and they're gonna release it! My first release will not be a DnB record (I struggle mixing down dnb for some reason).

Eternal Optomist, your signature GIF is awesome!

A vocoder at the end of a Massive chain...very interesting approach Xenflex! Thanks for the tips about the vox parts too...I'm currently trying to piece together a kit built on processed "oohs" & "aahs," and it is certainly time consuming.

Cheers!

The vocoder is just the Ableton one. The fx chain I use is ableton compressor, fab filter pro q for eq, ableton reverb and CamelPhat. I have three channels for bass with 3 different synths on them but this fx chain is on almost all of them. I also sidechain the bass to the kick and/or snare so drums cut thru mix more.

Back
Top Bottom