Xample on Fire!!

DJ Uken

Maybe just me, but what's happened to Xample...Gavin's produced some of the biggests tunes of 09' already....

- Remember
- Heaven + Hell rmx
- GateKeeper with Jakes
- Lowdown rmx - (from08')
- Against All Odds rmx
- Keep thier Heads ringin'
- There's another couple more on the NEC NYE set that are proper phat!

looking to be a quality year all round.. U

Last edited:
Yeah he is a true legend. He played at a night i played at back in Novemeber and i ws told that he was rinsing out on all 4 decks (2cdjs 2 1210s)!!

Sicko!

ye xample has got done some bangin tunes, i just hope he dont milk that xampley sound too much and starts to develop it a bit more...

i didnt think anything of keep the heads ringin... was realli shocked that it was a ram release!

couldn't agree more.....was happening slightly last year with lowdown > Drink rmx etc..

ye xample has got done some bangin tunes, i just hope he dont milk that xampley sound too much and starts to develop it a bit more...

i didnt think anything of keep the heads ringin... was realli shocked that it was a ram release!

i don't really tend to agree with this statement. he's gone kinda flat lately, not really doing anything for me. contra was pretty good, but think that might be down to the lomax hook up.
i do like xample, but i wouldn't say he's on fire at the moment. maybe smouldering a little bit.

i wouldn't say he's on fire at the moment. maybe smouldering a little bit.

this.
gotta understand tho once someone has an absolute smash like lowdown the expectations grow for something of equal or more effectiveness, im sure he'll have plenty more killers lined up for this year :)

i don't really tend to agree with this statement. he's gone kinda flat lately, not really doing anything for me. contra was pretty good, but think that might be down to the lomax hook up.
i do like xample, but i wouldn't say he's on fire at the moment. maybe smouldering a little bit.

Don't think he's quite worthy to be on Ram. His music isn't that innovative or different and he's been rinsing the same sound for time. Bit hit and miss really, needs to be more consistent.

u guys ever think ram put boundries up for him to fit into?

hes such a sound guy and i know hes just concentrating on this kinda style cause its what ram want from him atm. if thats whats gonna sell to the masses, the more bookings he gets..etc.

he has got a lot more to give trust and i for one cant wait to hear

I love xample but i do think he needs a new sound bank! When he teams up with Lomax he produces some awesome tracks but when hes on his own his tunes are pretty much made up of the same sounds of previous tracks! Productions still fuckin rude and i still buy his tracks but would like to see him use a wider variety of sounds in his tracks. The Infamous is a god damn killer! Love dropping that!!!

Last edited:
I still think he set the bar quite high for himself when he released lowdown as everything he put up after wasnt really up to much, I loved contra, but as Riisu said before that could have been due to Lomax's imput.
I heard Pascal open a set with a new Xample bit recently and it blew my fooking socks off, so im looking forward to him evolving a bit more this year and developing his sound.

Wicked producer IMO (y)

I still think he set the bar quite high for himself when he released lowdown as everything he put up after wasnt really up to much, I loved contra, but as Riisu said before that could have been due to Lomax's imput.
I heard Pascal open a set with a new Xample bit recently and it blew my fooking socks off, so im looking forward to him evolving a bit more this year and developing his sound.

Wicked producer IMO (y)

Well said!!!

Back
Top Bottom