X-Box advice

theone

Just say no to dubstep!
VIP Junglist
I'm thinking of buying an x-box. Im not the biggest gamer so won't spend all my time on it, just want to be able to play on certain games now and then.

The x-box elite console has loads of hard drive with it. Why would i need this? What do you use the hard drive for on a games console?

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
I'm thinking of buying an x-box. Im not the biggest gamer so won't spend all my time on it, just want to be able to play on certain games now and then.

The x-box elite console has loads of hard drive with it. Why would i need this? What do you use the hard drive for on a games console?
For downloading video trailers of games, installing your games to the hard drive so you don't have to put up with the drive noisily spinning round when you are playing games, it loads a lot quicker when installed on the hard drive too. You also need a hard drive (or memory card) to play games online with your xbox live account. You can put music and movies on there to play and watch as well.

theone

Just say no to dubstep!
VIP Junglist
For downloading video trailers of games, installing your games to the hard drive so you don't have to put up with the drive noisily spinning round when you are playing games, it loads a lot quicker when installed on the hard drive too. You also need a hard drive (or memory card) to play games online with your xbox live account. You can put music and movies on there to play and watch as well.
thanks. Can you do online games on the x-box arcade console?

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Gold is for playing multiplayer online and silver is just for buying stuff from the arcade. Get one with a hard drive on it. Or you will be limited in doing online stuff.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
The biggest use for a hardrive would be downloadable content really.

With things like pre release game videos and stuff I just delete them after a week or two anyway.

You could buy and arcade version, and get a 2nd hand 20gb or 60gb hardrive and use that.

theone

Just say no to dubstep!
VIP Junglist
Thanks for all the advice peeps. Am thinking of getting the arcade console. I don't really care about playing online. I am not a massive gamer anyway so will just play now and then. Does anyone have an arcade console? Are they really limited?

theone

Just say no to dubstep!
VIP Junglist
The biggest use for a hardrive would be downloadable content really.

With things like pre release game videos and stuff I just delete them after a week or two anyway.

You could buy and arcade version, and get a 2nd hand 20gb or 60gb hardrive and use that.
that sounds like a plan. cheers

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
The only difference is the colour and the hard drive.

You get a memory card anyway with the arcade concole. So if it's just for game saves, a memory card will last you for like 50 games. By then you can delete some of the old shit anyway.

If you're not arsed about online, I don't think you need a hard drive at all really

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
The only difference is the colour and the hard drive.

You get a memory card anyway with the arcade concole. So if it's just for game saves, a memory card will last you for like 50 games. By then you can delete some of the old shit anyway.

If you're not arsed about online, I don't think you need a hard drive at all really
This ^.

If you're wanting one just for messing around and enjoying games then get the arcade as it's what it's supposed to be, a games console simply for games.
Elite is what I have, it's great for me as I have loads of CDs burned to it and I also buy a lot of add ons for games too which take up a lot of memory, like new cars, new maps, characters, storylines/missions and stuff. That's what you need a hard drive for.

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Worth getting a hard drive... xbox live has a huge library of demos and there's some sick arcade game on there.
Also it loads a bit quicker if you install your games, prolongs the life of your console and runs a lot more quietly

But if you're not fussed about any of that.. i've seen some great prices on the arcade consoles recently.

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
I got an xbox 360 and a Ps3 and all im sayin is get a PLAYSTATION 3 cus with xbox its all payout all the time playstation u buy it you get everything with it part from the headset. Free online play none of this gold card bollox !