WWF court controversy with 9/11 ad campaign

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by DjTiesticles, Sep 2, 2009.

1. DjTiesticles

DjTiesticles Well-Known Member

Had to post this not so much for the main story but for one of the replies on DOA

[​IMG]

It's enough to make New Yorkers who lived through the Sept. 11th terror attacks sick.

PHOTO: View A Larger Image Here Courtesy of Adweek.com

A print ad (above) purportedly for the World Wildlife Fund in Brazil featuring dozens of airplanes converging on lower Manhattan with the line "The 2004 Tsunami killed 100 times more people than 9/11." The final line in the ad is "The planet is brutally powerful. Respect it. Preserve it."

The piece was a "spec" ad from the Brazilian branch of ad agency DDB Worldwide, according to Adweek.com. It has been was strongly condemned by the U.S. World Wildlife Fund.

DDB Worldwide issued this statement:

“The ‘Tsunami’ ad for World Wildlife Fund Brazil was created by a team at DDB Brazil in December 2008. The team in question is no longer with the agency. DDB Brazil apologizes to anyone who was offended or affected by the ad. It should never have been made and it does not portray the philosophy of the agency.”

AdWeek called the ad "tasteless and nightmarish."

The reply:

[​IMG]

:lol:

2. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

am not speaking to you since youve ignored me!

meanie

3. DjTiesticles

DjTiesticles Well-Known Member

I didn't ignore you. I just keep forgetting to check. All is well now though

4. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

am still not speaking. im a sensitive guy, this wound will take time to heal