Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture Vol. 2

co0ke

windowlicker
VIP Junglist
Wu-Tang are getting on the dubstep!

“As Vol. 1 sought to introduce hip-hop fans in general, and specifically, the famously large, loyal and diverse fan-base of the Wu-Tang to the burgeoning world of underground hip-hop, so Vol. 2 seeks to expose another untapped resource of underground talent, skill and artistry to this very same avid and intrepid fan-base.

The project serves a double purpose as well: many of the pioneers and practitioners (DJ’s and producers) in the Dubstep world came up in a time when Wu-Tang ruled the international airwaves. Unlike much commercial hip-hop, the immediacy of Wu-Tang’s sound spoke to many outside of the scope of the typical hip-hop fan, across oceans and at home. Their music and style helped to shape an emerging artform that hadn’t yet defined itself. Now, in 2009, as dubstep continues to grow, expand and encompass more styles and subgenres, the Wu-Tang sound is reintroduced into the mix, to spawn a new and unique musical crossbreeding, that is greater than the sum of its constituent parts.

This groundbreaking album is trail-blazing the collaboration between Dubstep and Hip-Hop, with stomach-pounding, bass-thumping guttural beats, and gully, gritty and grimy lyrics that break into the next decade in the chapters of each respective genre’s history.”

:)

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/10/wu-tang-meets-the-indie-culture-vol-2

KEMZ

Blatant Royal Status
VIP Junglist
my mate just gave me some wicked Wu stuff - Wutang vs D.I.T.C (digging in the crates)
its DITC rapping over Wu beats and vice versa, fuckin wicked

also, he gave me another disc with loads of Wu songs being played by a full band with real string sections ect, its super sick

anyone want any of it PM me ill load it up and send you a link

YOUNG TUNA

IT'S ME BITCHES
VIP Junglist
ill take your word for it. im just really into hip-hop acapella over different beats, ive been rinsing that mix the nextmen do with "Azzido Bass" and "Forgot About Dre"
Don't listen to him, you're into everything that is awesome right now. You rock man.