WTF's up with my samples?

TheGreenwell

The Darker the Betta
Just downloaded sum samples from the samples thread, converted them to .wav to load them into ReDrum, and the samples have a frikkin 1-2 second delay before they play!! :wtf:
Can anyone show me the light?

I always tend to use NNXT rather than Redrum bro, as there are so many different controllers to use for each sample...

I don't know the answer to your question but here's a way to get around it...

1) Load the samples into NNXT and assign to keyboard notes.
2) Select one of the samples on the programmer.
3) Change the 'Start' parameter (just under the programmer) so that the sample starts further in.

This would be very long-winded though if you had a lot of samples...

Another way of doing it would be to load all of the samples onto one loop in Recycle (If you have it) and cut the slices in the right place, then you'll only need one Dr Rex for a load of samples...

Just downloaded sum samples from the samples thread, converted them to .wav to load them into ReDrum, and the samples have a frikkin 1-2 second delay before they play!! :wtf:
Can anyone show me the light?

You sure the samples don't have a built in delay, silence, that you can edit out?

Check the wavs.

Also your computer might be slowing down because of overload.

dustek is most likely roght about them having a short silence at the start of the sample, as i downloaded a load of drum hit's the other day and had to go through and slice out the silence

There might be some 'white noise' before the sample from when they were originally recorded.
Try loading them up in something like recycle so you can view the waveform and edit the sample or adjust the attack on the sound.

Got it sorted guys. U were right, it was a silence at the sample start. Think maybe it happened when i converted them. Anyway, used recycle to chop that shit out. Ty for the help!

Back
Top Bottom