WTF is up with Pendulum?!?!

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
Proper Limpquid-spunk-tip at the moment -that freebie from Beatport is lame, an ive jus check the Pendulum vs Adam F remix of Jem an I wass expecting teh usual duttyness from a Pendulum remix (outta space RMX fookin rawks!!!), but alas after 2 seconds of the drop, it was off! I jus hope theres more like Tarantula and Slam on the album, an not the lighter sound from the guys.

Whadda you say? anyone heard previews on the album, or know the structural shaping of the album?

I think they're just showing that they can create something other than straight-up dance floor dynamite.

End of the day, if they produce tunes in other DnB 'sub genres' it can only aid in selling the album to a wider audience. I'm sure they see themselves as producers of 'music' instead of *just* Drum & Bass. So should they be offered production work/co labs in Hip-hop, RnB, film scores, Breaks etc. They would at least consider it.

The album consists of all flavours of DnB, and Breaks, this months Knowledge goes in depth with a preview from Rob Pendulum.

I'm sure more audio/news is imminent.

I really liked that Beatport track. Smashing of them to give it away free too, it's kinda made me not want to go dubhunting for their album quite as much if they're gonna give away a track from it as a sweetener (and I'm a quality whore, so 320 = yum).

I've CERTAINLY heard worse (coughback2basicscough)

sdm said:
I think they're just showing that they can create something other than straight-up dance floor dynamite.

End of the day, if they produce tunes in other DnB 'sub genres' it can only aid in selling the album to a wider audience. I'm sure they see themselves as producers of 'music' instead of *just* Drum & Bass. So should they be offered production work/co labs in Hip-hop, RnB, film scores, Breaks etc. They would at least consider it.

The album consists of all flavours of DnB, and Breaks, this months Knowledge goes in depth with a preview from Rob Pendulum.

hells yes! I fookin love when producers shhow that they can be diverse.

sdm said:

True dat. Also I think that Pendulum have been typecast into their own sound already, and that's what people expect from them. So instead of give everyone what they expect, they've gone for something different than their norm. Catch people off guard, first they hate you for it, then they love you. Big up Pendulum for doing whatever they want to do

only thing of theirs i have not felt is 'guns at dawn'

that tunes with MC Fats is dope, proper liquid too

fuckin love their work ... these guys are proper musos ... IMO

:cheerlead

I'm feeling the lighter side of their productions I thought 'Still Grey' was wicked & the new tune with Fats is pretty damn good to. I like it when producers move about within different styles of d&b it shows just how good they really are at what they do. I mean look at people like D Kay, John B, Hive, Bad Company to name a few some of their lighter work has been better than the heavy dancefloor fodder we expect. Also I ehard Pendulum use to produce as a hip hop group before they done d&B any truth in that?

Some people may disagree but I personally think that Pendulum is one of the most diverse group of dnb producers out there....in less than 3 years they have proven their ability to make great liquid (ie sounds of life), jumpy (ie guns at dawn), trancey/progressive (ie back to you, spiral), and straight up anthemic (vault) tracks. Their new album is probably going to illustrate each of these styles and I think it's great that they have such diverse production abilities.

There's a few of their tracks I'm not crazy about but what's great about Pendulum is their unpredictability...each successive release pretty much has a different style and feel to it than the previous one. :2thumbs:

they came into the scene and injected it with something different which it needed, and now there just doing something a little different again, all of the tunes even there liquid tunes are still so heavy but in a liquid fashion - if that makes any sense! :hype:

sayber said:
...... Also I ehard Pendulum use to produce as a hip hop group before they done d&B any truth in that?

To my knowledge their previous 'band' experience is in rock/punk outfits, although I'm sure they've toyed with hip-hop beats thoughout. But no full-on hip-hop productions I'm aware of ...
They 'started' when elHornet mixed a few of Rob and G's tunes on CD, impromptu style, at a Perth gig. blammo .. trio of terror is born. :flame:

sayber said:
Also I ehard Pendulum use to produce as a hip hop group before they done d&B any truth in that?

not sure about this one, but I do know that Adam F has produced the beats on several hip hop joints for Def Jam, including a few tracks by Redman, Method Man, and LL Cool J

Back
Top Bottom