WRONG SORT Jump up

Just to clarify the song you've posted on here isn't actually the song in question? I went to your souncloud to listen to the song entitled "Wrong Sort". The bass sound is pretty good but could do with some serious resampling and sync work to get it to match the drums. The drums however are pretty weak, I don't mean to offend but you need to work on them or change them all together. A track is no good with nice bass but drums that hold no weight. Make sure to do some serious research on getting your drums right. There is potential in the track but time is needed to perfect all the talents necessary. Take it each element at a time, get your drums sounding right before you move on, then get your bass to fit or vice versa.

My best advice though is to research and learn as much as possible about production techniques. You'll get the desired sound, you just need to take the time to find out how to do that. Hell we're all still learning and that's the great thing. I hope I helped without sounding like a mug.

thanks dude much appreciated!! is it possible to make good sounding drums with the samples included in ableton live 8? or should i just not waste my time trying all the eq and compression techniques on these messing about.... or just set up the mics and sample the kit i have? or a pack you know of? and 1 more thing are aftermarket plugins absolutely essential for punchy heavy drums?

thank you!

I'm a Logic user so I don't know much about Ableton but that aside you should invest in some sample packs. They will usually be recorded at 24bit so the quality will be there from the start. Make sure you're using quality samples so you can worry about processing rather than getting them to sound good. You'll hear it so many times in this field of work but you "can't polish a turd". Sampling your own drums wouldn't be bad but they may not have that sound you're looking for. You no use them for percussive elements but there is no reason not to have a go (I think Dillinja sampled live drums). In terms of sample packs go on Loopmasters, they have packs from all your favourite artists and more specifically DnB artists. Also just google stuff, you will be able to find packs for free just make sure they're good quality.

In terms of plug-ins if Ableton is like Logic the pre loaded ones should suffice in your early days but you will need to make the investment when you realise what you need. There are so many elements and techniques you need to cater for when producing, it WILL take you a while but you need to stick at it. I could go on forever but I'll end up writing an article hahaha. Just do your research, they're lots of producer master classes on youtube. Also start buying magazines like Computer Music.

Hope this helps in some way.

Sammy T

thanks for your help i really like this forum! it is amazing the wealth of knowledge being shared amongst everyone here, Iv been working hard my man hope u check out the new stuff iv been working on plan on posting some new ones up for feedback shortly,

Back
Top Bottom