Writers block

its a theory man!! how many combinations are possible? a damn sight more than 365! optimism!

Last edited:
I take a break if i find im not getting anything to work...........

Have a break for a week or two, i gurantee when you go back you will end up with 2-3 fresh ideas ;)

had this for a wile now an now its gone i cant stop makin shit!haha
im definatly going to fail my college course now cant stop makin tunes!

all i used to write was dnb, nothing elce. I found out a lot of time writers block can be genres based. Try switching it up, that's what I did. sometime I can't make dnb for the life of me, but I can throw down a dubstep tune.

I had this quite bad for a few weeks and just found myself starting loads of tracks that would work on for a few hours, come back to it and think "my god thats crap". Like a few peeps said, i work on different styles which usually helps quite alot. I also work on beats when cant think of anything. Just set up a 2 bar loop and mess around with it for ages then when the inspiration does come, i have a beat ready to go.

Yep, from time to time. I think everyone gets it.

Some times I fight it and just keep hitting buttons until something good happens, other times I just have to submit and wait for the spark to strike me again.

It always does, but if it’s been to long I tend to force myself to get back on the sequencer for fear of losing it forever.

Its shit, I know how you feel.

Watch a film, listen to your favourite tunes again, read a book, go over some old music mags, go and have a walk and think about life. Something will get you buzzing again soon.

Good luck man. Im sure you will be up and running again soon.

writers block for about 6 months now. it doesnt help that i gave up blazin like 2 months ago. i can get the beats and intros. but as soon as it comes to basslines, im fucked. propa fuckin annoying

Back
Top Bottom