Writers Block

don't stray away... as it's some of those projects that never go anywhere that i later will rob for a break or crash or summat!

but i tend to listen to other music than dnb, just play xbox and that, have a bifter etc and hope to get inspiration! earlier this year i was bashing out tunes about once a week/fortnight... haven't made one (thats any good!) in about 2 months now cos of writers block! :(

id say go away from it mate, not the tune.. just prducing for a while, i did and it helped, not massively if im honest, but im getting somewhere now!

I go and find inspiration, sumthing as far away from music as possible, but i find its a case of dont look for it, just wait. or I try and learn something new, weird and experimental sounds are a great source of inspiration.

I think the biggest source for writers block, is lack of experimentation (ie just repeating everything in tracks), once you learn a new technique or way of fuking with the sound, inspiration often flows natrually, so it might be that you have exhausted your current knowledge, and your brain isnt getting the tingle of excitment it got from those sounds before....experiment, dont sell out on your brain by repeating stuff you've already done several times before, once you pick up some new ideas, you'll be able to combine them into sumthing new and interesting to get your dopamine levels spiking again :D

well thats my pop psychology view of it all anyways

I go and find inspiration, sumthing as far away from music as possible, but i find its a case of dont look for it, just wait. or I try and learn something new, weird and experimental sounds are a great source of inspiration.

I think the biggest source for writers block, is lack of experimentation (ie just repeating everything in tracks), once you learn a new technique or way of fuking with the sound, inspiration often flows natrually, so it might be that you have exhausted your current knowledge, and your brain isnt getting the tingle of excitment it got from those sounds before....experiment, dont sell out on your brain by repeating stuff you've already done several times before, once you pick up some new ideas, you'll be able to combine them into sumthing new and interesting to get your dopamine levels spiking again :D

very true... most of my good tunes came from picking up something new!

learn to play an instrument. obviously it takes years but once you learn the basics it will be easier to come up with new riffs.

Also listen to other genres of music for inspiration.

Investing in a new bit of kit also makes you wanna produce more.

trust me i am really experimental :D
Tho it has helped me and at the same time it turns me more furious :D
anyways i skate too i do that and i feel it helps (to do something else)

Watch a movie, spend more time on family and your girlfriend, do something else that has nothing to do with music, whatever.
The inspiration will come back again.

Back
Top Bottom