writers block hits 2 weeks

just go on any synth and start messing around! today i was messing around in massive and found out about the performer and messed with that and made a sick distored guitar sound strumming and stuff xD

or sample random crap

or what i do is i pick my favorite kicks snares ect... and copy them into a different folder and i just pre eq them for future projects to save time :)

Dude from what I have learnt is that because you are actually concerned that you havn't made anything to your liking lately is exactly the reason why you will overcome this block and come out the other side more knowledgable.. It's the pure passion you have to make music you love that will see you through, music production is a learning
Process that takes years to gain quality, but that said just know what sounds good to you and it makes it alot easier.

Meh,........hit me up when you reach my 3 1/2 month record, then we'll talk lol

Same goes for you dude keep at it don't give up. I even started a thread a couple of weeks back titled.. "Ready to give up GRRR" and since I received feedback and DIDN'T GIVE UP I since have made music I can't even believe I have made :)

Yeah man I know that feel. I've been producing for about 4 years now and writers block finally hit me. It's just so frustrating man. Whenever I load up fl I just start messing around and stuff. Never really make anything just fucking around doing nothing.

mistasfx and mr fletch ... you guys are the dons around here. this might help. download some videos on vimeo (animation or ads) then write music for them. make as many as you can save them make a portfolio then approach agencies with your work
u can get paid upto 1000 for a minute ad.
****make sure u ask for full permission for the video owner

mistasfx and mr fletch ... you guys are the dons around here. this might help. download some videos on vimeo (animation or ads) then write music for them. make as many as you can save them make a portfolio then approach agencies with your work
u can get paid upto 1000 for a minute ad.
****make sure u ask for full permission for the video owner

awww thanks :)

Got into some good synthesis today with predator. Not really give this a look in but got stuck into it and im very impressed with the power of this.

I have a template track with pre set up drums with fills, sweeps, everything, and then I have a phat bass synth loaded in. Literally anything you do sounds badass, I just load up that template, get out my keybaord, wack out some phat bass line and I have my basis for a track.

for any writters block the matter is "do my set sound good actually?"
this fucking AKG's (won't tell the model) sound REALLY SHIT -> cause -> these are for high freqs. I had a bit of a writter block of a few days untill I noticed it was the headphones so I started using my monitors more often and voilá tunes again.
Hear a lot A LOT ALOOOOOOOT of tunes on your set and see if these sound as good as these should.

And those are my 2cent!

Just piss about man seriously! I didn't make a tune for about 4 months because everything i was making sounded shit! Then yesterday i loaded up logic because i was bored and tried making a jump-up tune! Got nothing, the drums sounded shit and i was pissed! Sulked for about 5 minutes and just thought fuck it, if its shit, its shit! And actually started making something pretty decent! Just try not giving too much of a fuck! haha, worked for me!

I'm in the same boat at the mo. I don't have much free time and when I set aside a few hours for production I never get anywhere in that time! Winds me up so much.
Stick at it man. Do you not produce with lost?

i find i dnt get it for long periods of time but i can have 1 day where ill make something really good, then the next either destroy what iv made or finish that and then not be able to get anything decent down!

Even fucking around sounds shit at the moment. Im having fun with Predator though, its sick

just make some patches, learn a new effect and watch tutorials on youtube.

thats what im doing.

or just download a remix comp pack and have a go at that, usually induces creativity aswell!

Back
Top Bottom