Drum & Bass WreckHead - Clicker

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by GaWR, Nov 5, 2013.

1. GaWR

GaWR VUDUH

Still incomplete.

Any feedback is appreciated good or bad.

2. cddr12

cddr12 New Member

Yes mate this is filthy. Add in some fills every four bars or so to keep it fresh though!

3. GaWR

GaWR VUDUH

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, it does need some changing up every so often to keep it new, and that was something I was planning on adding as this clip is really just a preview and not the complete finished product.

4. modz

modz Member

I think your drums need to be harder and more clear. Are you compressing or limiting your drums?

5. GaWR

GaWR VUDUH

Honestly brother, I never took any lessons in music theory so things like compression and limiting are't second nature to me.

6. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

massive drops, nice track mate. But snare is want to compression :)

7. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

Lol you're not alone in not fully understanding how they work, but you can think of compressing as a sort of ADSR w/ movement for the dB and a limiter as a static dB envelope...I'm probably off the mark on both accounts :p.

You got good drumwork and a crisp beat, I agree w/ modz in giving them more of an edge tho to get them through the mix. Also agreed/ w/ Northern on the drop, pretty sick, and cddr12 on giving some variety. On that front, personally I like my tunes w/ a more of an atmospheric intro to accentuate the power that follows, but not every tune needs that x3. You could use a more present intro to subtlely introduce variation you can elaborate on l8r in the track tho, so keep that in mind.