Wounded, soldiers documentary NSFW

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dj Dirty Pimp, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Fuck the war. . . . . and god bless the heroes that fight the lost cause.

3. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

This was a very good programme, inspiring how positive the triple amputee was being in coming to terms with his injurys

4. Dj Dirty Pimp

inspiring. really made me think about my decision to join the royal marines. but in a way it kind of motivates me more.

maximum respect to ALL of our heroes

5. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

This brought a tear to my eye. The tennis bit was good, how he just kinda laughed about it.

6. Merh-Key

Merh-Key I've been naughty, I'm banned

7. snatch

snatch Member

yea man good shout. really thought this was a good program. the guy who lost his legs and his eyesight with the video footage.

GET OUR TROOPS BACK NOW.

8. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

i see. a tear jerking documentary about employment injuries. lets make one for all the skyscraper window cleaners that fallen to their death. or all builders that got cancer from asbestos. or the electricians that got electrocuted whilst trying to improve someone's house.
    a soldier's duty is to follow his orders, disregarding any personal opinion or well being.
    i sympathise with all people that got hurt, but they got hurt as a consequence of their actions. and by that i dont mean any lack of battle knowledge, but rather the initial move to draft yourself to the army.
    soldiers of countries that fought wars halfway round the globe cannot claim that they risked lives and limbs for their people's freedom; they simply served as pawns to their superiors.
    rip to all of them

9. Naib

Naib Member

My wife works there at Selly Oak and on the ITU ward (she started 6months after this was filmed)
    She comes back weekly all upset after dealing with soldiers with some horrific injuries.
    She can't help but say they should just all pull out, its hard but I keep telling her we can't we have gone there (the justification might not be good) and we must finish what we have started.

10. Dj Dirty Pimp

we happen to have some of the best soldiers in the world. that are given a terrible budget. they have poor equipment, no transport etc. Alot of these deaths/ injuries may have been prevented.

Thats like saying its normal for builders to get injured cos the company they worked for didnt have enough money for anything to do with health and safety.

No offence gordo but i think thats a very " im sat here in my comfy chair, i know all" way of looking at things.

11. Dj Dirty Pimp

n neither am i saying that a higher budget will 100% stop injuries and death. But all this death at the moment is highly unnessasary. the enemy evolves, we regress. where is the logic.

12. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

the injuries and death may stop on your side, what about the others ? the enemy as you put it.. and by the way, who made it your enemy in the first place ? and spare me all the war on terror bollocks..
    this military campaign is spending huge public resources, and thats money me and you pay through our taxes. and then people complain about some pennies that MPs knicked. what about the billions spent in all those pointless wars ?
    imagine if all that funds where spent in healthcare, or space exploration, or alternative energy sources. the army is a flawed institution, which serves solely for the ambitions of each passing leader that controls it.
    and you also say that you have the best army in the world. then keep it home. why send it halfway round the world to kill people that are no threat to you ? and to that extent, since the british army is so kind and willing to rid countries of its tyrants, why dont you go to Somalia, or Zimbabwe to sort out the thrash there ?
    look, thats just my opinion, it may no be right, and im sure is pretty much the opposite of yours. but in any case, when you watch tear jerking documentaries about disfigured british soldiers and crying widows, spare a thought for the Iraqi and Afghan soldiers and civilians who have died or got maimed. pain and suffering works on both camps.
    but no, you wont think that. you wanna become a soldier, and kill some browns for the queen. good luck to you mate. just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into, because there will be no one to complaint to if something bad happens out there.

13. Dj Dirty Pimp

we obviously have 2 very different views and theres no point arguing over the internet on such a hot topic.

i will however agree with you on the bits that i highlight in bold. And do not think i am nieve, ignorant or stupid to what does on on all sides of war. youd have to be very stupid to think i think that you go in and shoot and it doesnt affect anyone else.

n the pain and suffering on both sides i 100% agree with you, and i also think we shouldnt be in afganistan, its a waste of life, resources and we are fuckin up another country. Damn right we should be in zimbabwe, or similar. But we are not, and the documentary was about the wounded british, alot of people in this country are ignorant, and probably never spared a thought for our wounded troops. And i gurantee they have never even thought about the women, childeren and honest men of afganistan that have been killed, maimed or affect by the war. i am not that person.

14. djhektikz

djhektikz Active Member

Was a very deep program!! both them guys was tough cookies! dunno if i could handle that! Big up All the British Army rite about now!! Out to all my Fam out there out at the mo!! My true bros!!!

15. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

glad to hear these thoughts of yours man.
    (y)

16. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

ta, i'll try and peep this over the weekend.

makes you wonder how little documentation there is from ww2 when you see such up close and personal stuff from a war we have lost fuck all troops from in comparison, and in better times for cival rights.