Wouldnt mind some feedback on my wip

sounds sick - need more sub on that bass though
cool bassline, samples and plucks, drums sounded good aswell

drop needs alot more work like theres way too little bass for such an awesome build up and i'd suggest some more hats, drums sounded a bit dry - as its only a wip you'll probably get to this tho

you have nailed the atmosphere on the build up its awesome i struggle with creating this sort of intense feeling in my tracks well done. Also can i hear a crow or some bird being sampled it sounds brilliant. The drop is good but needs more power and drive i am sure from listening to this that you are more than capable of sorting this yourself. I would really like a download of this when its finished hehe :O

Not bad at all! Get on adding some sub to that bass line for sure, and maybe add a little to the percussion section, maybe some bongos, or layered breaks, just to give it a little variation. Wouldnt change much though, sounds pretty decent as is!

you have nailed the atmosphere on the build up its awesome i struggle with creating this sort of intense feeling in my tracks well done. Also can i hear a crow or some bird being sampled it sounds brilliant. The drop is good but needs more power and drive i am sure from listening to this that you are more than capable of sorting this yourself. I would really like a download of this when its finished hehe :O

Cheers for the encouraging words mate! i'm sure i could hook u up with a download at some point :)

Sounding really good so far. The arrangement and sound design on the bass is quality and you nailed the atmosphere in the intro. I think you need to tweak some of the levels though, the snare could punch a bit harder and it sounds like the bass is lacking a little bit in the sub region and maybe even into the low mids. I would also maybe turn the uhh... it's hard to describe...is there a kind of woody-sounding drum break or something layered in there? I find that those kind of elements can disrupt the 'funk' of the drum beat if they are too loud but that could just be me! Definitely finish it and you'll have a banger!

really appreciate the feedback man, what i've done is added an extra sub to re-enforce those freqs. I think those ''woody sounding breaks'' you are referring to might be the ones at the end of a bar?. I will try messing with the levels and see how it turns out. Once i've done with the rest of the arrangement il post an updated version, to see what you guys think of the changes.

good start so far, loving the dark atmosphere!

but for me, the break is letting the tune down. it sounds fine on the intro, but really needs to be beefed up when the tune drops imo

Hi guys, I have took on board some of these suggestions (added more sub) and some more percussion in some of the drum parts and messed with a few levels, even added some more bass parts to mix it up. I have also come to an arrangement that i feel quite happy with. Its got a couple more parts and seems to flow well to my ears. Il post the link here and at the top of the page incase you miss it. Would really appreciate if you let me know what you think and if there's anything that sounds bad to your ears. Hopefully the changes i have made are for the better.

really dope work here. right from the get go mood and vibe are established, and the break down up to the second drop is sick. great mix down as well the arrangement. awesome job! the amendments are good as well definately gives your mids a bit of a cushion to float on.
Here's my latest track's first mix down. any feed back is always appreciated

Id say beef the sub a little, and get it side chained to your kick, your drums currently sit behind the bass as such, and need to be further forward in the mix.

Some of the sounds are a tad "wet" for my tastes, but overall I'd definitely say it's a decent tune. How long have you been producing for?

Listened to your second version.

pump up those drums a little more. more prominent in the mix.
I don't know what it is but i'm missing something in those low end. I really don't know what it is though.

Back
Top Bottom