Would u like the UK dnb promoters to do it like this??

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mistasfx, Dec 25, 2011.

1. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

The dutch seem to put a lot of effort into their monster hardcore events over there with big ass production and advertisement.

Do u think the way its done over here is just 'right' in fitting with our rave scene or dya think the UK could do with splashing a bit extra??

Me personally, i think the dutch events are too big. I cant imagine u can re-create a good dnb vibe in something that huge

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

shit video - the great thing about dnb is u don't need all this bumph - u can look at a line up alone on a piece of scrap paper and know how good of a night its gonna be

3. _MILLA

_MILLA Flamboyant muthafucka

cheese as fuck

4. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

THIS. 100%.

All these adverts and that do is attract cunts who either arent into the music or just after a night out.

What i love about standard flyer advertising is you look at a lineup, and you know who its going to attract, what style of music, what venue, and therefor what the vibes are gonna be like.
    And its definitely more true to the UK rave culture how we do it over here.

EDIT: Only thing thats advertised like that which appeals to me is Pirate Station, im determined to go some time.

5. _MILLA

_MILLA Flamboyant muthafucka

i have never seen that event b4 in my life.. i just watched a video it looks INSANE!!!

6. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

World of Drum and Bass in russia is meant to be pretty epic, but I prefer a more intimate vibe. Darkness + low ceiling + Lasers + happy people

7. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

that pirate station rave looks good, but its not my thing at all, really do prefer it in smaller clubs and also i personally prefer nights where theres only one headliner and a resident before and after, dunno why, but i just do...

8. MrChapman

MrChapman Member

I just want to get my head down and skank. Not too interested in all the hype. If it says "Shogun Audio" or "Critical" on a flyer I'm halfway through roaching then that's good enough for me. Also the biggest event I've ever been to (dnbwise) was a bit shit. Too many rudeboys and people who don't rave regularly clogging up corridors and stairwells instead of brocking out hard, plus a plethora of shit jump up djs to start off with and 30 MC's shouting over each other. Got good when Commix and SP:MC came on in the 2nd room though.

9. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Inb4 Gabber is shit anyways

10. D Double U

D Double U FQ Sessions

The money it costs to have one of those made vs. the worth renders it not viable.

As said the things that impress are usually the line up/presentation of the initial promotion, if its got a nice clean and attractive flyer with at least one name on it you like your gonna study the thing to see what else its got then you either sold or not.

11. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

the hardcore scene is massive over there, these events must create a pretty penny for the promoters. 2 of my best pals go every year to either defqon1 or dominator. wouldnt mind getting over to this years actually.

check defqon1

[​IMG]

being from the north of england i have a soft spot for hardcore/gabber. we grew up without shoes n shit. some can handle it, some cant. south of stoke and you're probably gonna struggle.

12. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

The hardcore scene over there tho is actually credible in some parts compared to the 'joke' hardcore scene over here. I have had flirts with gabber in the past but u soon realise in 10+ years it follows the same formula n sounds and hasnt really progressed so fuck knows why its so big still.

Over here tho, like whats been said.... give me a flyer, i'll read it and if i like the look i'll go. no amount of epic adverts would change my mind, plus, massive events always have problems.

13. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

You think so dude? I mean there has been quite serious progression in gabber. Its still 4 to the floor of course but more recently there is a lot of fusion with Dubstep and DNB, not a fan tho, but its not the same sound as 1995. I follow gabber pretty tight and as long as ever since and am still into it. Mostly the main style but also symphonic Speedcore, Doom and Industrial aswell as all the old shit. Stupidly the dutch happy hardcore from back then was better than the british stuff..well mostly. When I went to raves more recently people were all very reasonable and friendly.

14. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

What the fuck did any of that mean?

That had nothing to do with the music.

15. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

my m8s are all involved with the UK gabber scene and the stuff they play sounds no different to stuff from over the years. Frenchcore is the worst kick bass kick bass kick bass. The british hardcore scene is just sped up clubland.

The typical gabber tune is filtered drum for intro, then deng deng deng tsk tsk deng deng ddd deng etc with big supersaw trance riffs and the odd swear word

16. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

i cant stand gabber or hardcore, its just noise... worse than dubstep.

17. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

a bit of gabbers alright when youre completely fucked, but I dont know how the dutch can do like a 3 day festival of pure gabber....

18. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

they can because they are Dutch, the Dutch have no limits on anything ever.

19. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

You pretty much have the answer there. I mean the styles that are popular in the UK are the harder ones, while in Italy and the Netherlands you have the hall fillers.
    I think in 97/98 gabber went really down the bpm scale and had a significant change in sound and atmosphere, speeding it up again in later years, but keeping the vibes. Terror and other harder subgenres of course didn´t change too much. And as I said, there are some artists also crossing borders to dubstep and DNB nowadays. Not a fan of that and well..Music..evolving, yeah..somehow but if punk stays punk, best bet I guess. Monotony and repetetiveness, no bad things..not always.

20. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Would rather promoters find a way of giving punters a better night out . But then its a hard market out there at the moment people are broke