Would this be suitable?

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that used to have a hammer
VIP Junglist
I'm already producing another Dnb/Darkstep/Neurofunk song, and I'm having this idea of using passages with blast beats (you know, those used on many death metal and black metal songs), as i have a past as a heavy metal musician. But, for now, I've never seen one electronic music made with them. Do you think it would be suitable?

I'm already producing another Dnb/Darkstep/Neurofunk song, and I'm having this idea of using passages with blast beats (you know, those used on many death metal and black metal songs), as i have a past as a heavy metal musician. But, for now, I've never seen one electronic music made with them. Do you think it would be suitable?

Experiment and see if it works. Clearly you have a background and interest in this genre so why not give it a go. Be an innovator and post your findings would be great to hear what you come up with

One of the main reasons why I love Drum & Bass is, that you can combine it with so many styles and genres. It got so much room to be creative... do whatever you feel like.

Thank you all for the responses! I'm out to make this work! Hopefully, I no time I'll be posting the full song here, so you can listen! Thanks a lot, guys!

i'm pretty sure people like current value have used blastbeat like drums for fills and such.

i'm pretty sure people like current value have used blastbeat like drums for fills and such.

I'm trying to make a transition between a more traditional drum and bass beat to a "black metal/death metal" beat. This means, I'll not use the blast beats as fills, but as the beat for a whole passage, you know?

Back
Top Bottom