Would like your inputs.

lol I think the same.. Thats why I am asking the question.. Say i got a vocal track and I throw my effects and what not on it.. Do I use compression on vocals also.

Please post tunes for review & feedback here.

I use a compressor usually when:
  • a bus of elements (ex. drum bus) needs a bit of "glue" to make the parts sound as a cohesive unit.
  • a live snare needs a bit of "pop" or has a tail that needs to disappear faster.
  • a live instrument (ex. guitar) has a varying amount of transients due to human variations throughout the performance and requires a bit of consistent loudness.
  • a vocalists' performance needs to tamed during louder parts. I'll often run a pair of compressors serial (the first to squash transients, the second to raise the gain of the whole).
Cheers.

You need to write some more info, are you talking about the track being compressed as a whole or certain elements? If you want the vocals louder, turn them up.

Sorry about the wrong area. I am asking this. Say I have three tracks. Drums, Synth, Bass do I put a compressor on all them tracks.. Thats what I did in I will stay true to you tune. Except the master.

:)

This is actually really cool. It has potential. The mix sucks. But thats ok because it has potential.

DAW you use? If you want to roll through seattle we should produce something. This honestly sounds like telepopmusik mixed with something original that id like to fuck with.

Ha me roll up to Seattle I could do that.. I have been doing this for 6 months so yea it does suck :).... I am using headphones and toshiba 1gig ram. duel core laptop. FUKN SUCKS. FL studio Btw oh and Ablelton

Cheers

Sorry about the wrong area. I am asking this. Say I have three tracks. Drums, Synth, Bass do I put a compressor on all them tracks.. Thats what I did in I will stay true to you tune. Except the master.

:)

you can. it will have a different effect if you put a compressor on them individually or as a whole. a compressor can add punch to drums. it can thicken a bass. i don't think you'd want compression on vocals but i don't have experience with it. the compression you put on individual tracks will have an artistic effect on the song. the compression you put on the whole track should be more about the way the overall sound comes through the stereo but not about changing the parts. like, you don't want to put a lot of compression on the whole song to make the snare drum nice and punchy; that should happen before the final mixdown.

Thank you Beats... That was the easiest to understand. I see what you mean. I loaded the project back and changed the compression to just bass and drums and sounds great.

Thanks you all

Back
Top Bottom