Would like some feedback on some new liquid

blend107

Koherent
Easy guys,
I've been playing around with this tune for a while and was hoping someone out there could give me some feedback on it.

Link for tune is here - ive still yet to figure out how to embed private tracks here - I get some kind of error when I do

I'm wondering if it's still worth persuing as the Logic project has been screwing around on me (when I'm bouncing stuff out, random elements of the track drift in and out through the tune bizarrely). I've finally managed to piece together a version that at least as it's supposed to.
Big shout to anyone who replies.

[If someone could tell me how to embed these links properly too that would be greatly appreciated]

Nice harmonies! reminds me of mj cole sincere!
Keep the atmos the way it is (not overt)
I'd like to hear some distorted bass stabs sweep out from under to contrast the long notes.
More variation in the hat/cymbal patterns. Just take that shhhhkk cymbal tamb thing out every few bars... etc etc
more audible rhythmic automations,
Love how the lead up to 3:20 is subtle.
Definitely worth finishing if you can get around what Logic is throwing at you.

It sounds good man. I think if you do pursue it though you need to increase the sub some more. It sounds a bit too quiet on my system. Other than that and adding a bit more variation (something which i struggle with) it sounds decent.

I don't know why you're having problems embedding it either, soz.

Thanks for the replies, ill take that stuff onboard :).

The embedding issue is odd, whenever i do it the player appears but comes up with an error of some sort saying it cant play the track. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or not but its rather annoying

will check this out tonight
for embedding just use the little media button looks kinda like film reel etc
dont think you can embed private tracks though

really like the drums on this man
overall sounding pretty nice
certain parts of the keys get a bit muddy at times same as the deep bassy woosh sound
do like its tone though

not really the kinda tunes im into tbh though
reckon you could get rid of the keys and spread the vox out and make it alot darker :teeth:
just my opinion tho lol

Solid track!

I really like the overall sound and vibe. The only part I found a bit strange was the first breakdown, something doesn't sound quite right.
The melody could also use a bit more variation or progression.

I think the drums are great though, crisp and up-front.

certain parts of the keys get a bit muddy at times same as the deep bassy woosh sound
do like its tone though
Thanks a lot - I think that bass tone is probably lacking a little high end making it muddy, nice one for that.

The only part I found a bit strange was the first breakdown, something doesn't sound quite right.
Yeah didn't really know where to go with the breakdown, wanted it all atmospheric and deep but it probably needs more lower layers in there to give it that vibe. Thanks a bunch for the listen man!

Yeah man feeling this one.
To be honest I quite like the first breakdown. It has quite a moody feel to it and I don't think it sounds off, just different. The only things I would say though is that you should defo make your sub a bit louder and try and soften the transient on the snare. It seems really sharp and is the only thing that stops me from pushing the volume up.
Other than that man you got some vibes going on and the second drop is pretty cool also :)

Hey dude!!! I think the mixdown is great and your drums are really good, I think someone already mentioned a little more variety with them and I agree with this and also the sub or at least the lo-mids could do with a little more weight but it does remind me of Lenzmans style.. The track does seem to roll along without doing much at times but I think you could cure this with some drum edits and maybe some more variety in the vox, pirtching it down or up possibly? you also have those rising bass notes at the end of every 16 bars or something but I reckon they could be more prominent (maybe raise the filter a little more or reduce the reverb some more so the pop out?) Hope that helps!!! : )

Love the vibe. I'd rock my shoulders and give an approving head nod to my mate this if it was played out. Little splices of variety would help, the occasional extra snare hit, or hi-hat changes. Little things. Bass is sounding good for me, not overpowering. Overall, a nice mixdown and enjoyable track.

Hey everyone,
Cheers for all the advice! I've gone back into the project and some nice subtle changes from all your tips.
Thanks a lot everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom