Would like some feedback on how i can improve :)

Its sounding pretty fat to be honest, personally i would maybe make the bass a little less rezzy and add some huge drum fills. i think that would complement the style

sounding pretty good from the start. nice hip hop vibes.the vocal build is bit over taking maybe some eq disto or comp. real massive bass line. really cool ideas hear. the bass could use a touch more mid range at times to give it a bit more of the coming in and out effect. but solid work!
here's one I'm working on. its the first attempt at mixing into a limiter. normally don't and wanted to see what the difference would sound like. any feedback on how its sounding on another system would be great!!
[soundcloud.com]

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I think my biggest struggle currently is getting nice basses that doesn't turn too reese-like.

@DesigN Like the clip! The drums sounds a bit loud in my headphones (Logitech G35 for reference).
Also, do you perhaps have any pointers on how to create a bass like that? The things i'm struggling with is probably the main sound as
pretty much the only thing I know how to do is detuning 2 saws wich eventually turns into a reese after processing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I think my biggest struggle currently is getting nice basses that doesn't turn too reese-like.

@DesigN Like the clip! The drums sounds a bit loud in my headphones (Logitech G35 for reference).
Also, do you perhaps have any pointers on how to create a bass like that? The things i'm struggling with is probably the main sound as
pretty much the only thing I know how to do is detuning 2 saws wich eventually turns into a reese after processing.

Much appreciated on the feed back!! the bass in this one is the product parallel processing, and then resampled edits to create the groove. not sure what software u use but essentially. take your detuned saws, route it to at least two other channels as sends instead of str8 to the speakers. one channel completely mono and only the sub bass the other everything above the cut off of the sub channel something like 100 hz. distort the upper channel maybe some filter movement, record a bass line, mine started as one long note, bounce that down and start chopping and rearranging. this tune has turned out very different then how it started. icicle has a very good video on youtube about the processing.

Back
Top Bottom