DnB Would appreciate some feedback on a new tune.

The tonality of the track sounds clean, but listen to the shuffle track, do you hear it in front, behind or from the same distance? I hear the hihat shuffle positioned in front of the kick and snare. So I would just turn down the volume of the shuffles until I hear them from the same distance as kick and snare. If you have set that, next I would push the drum mix as a whole slightly to the back, more into the room by reducing the mix volume, but just slighltly, it must be perceived as if the drum kit is playing roughly in the middle of the room.

And I find that the sub bass is too quiet. Also, just turn up the volume until the distance of the sub bass is perceived slightly in front of the drums. These are little things, but they will make your mix smoother.

Otherwise lovely track!

Thanks! I agree with pretty much everything you said and applied it in the newest version.
I think my mixes are my weakest point at the moment.

Thanks! I agree with pretty much everything you said and applied it in the newest version.
I think my mixes are my weakest point at the moment.

Weak sounds different for me, these were only minimal suggestions for improvement, little details. You are on a good way!

I left feedback,

"Nice Cinematic Intro. Solid Drop. Production is nice and round in my cheap PC headphones. Sub is huge, but not too big. 1:17 - mmm, that vocal is lovely. 1:31 - that blippy delayed Lead is gorgeous, combined with the Pad @ 1:44 & 1:50 it's exquisite. 2:16 - solid way to go into the Breakdown... I'm hoping to hear the vocal here without the Drums. 2:37 - yeees, wonderful... I'm getting shivers.

How was the vocal done? Was autotune used? 3:41 - 3:44, that Fill (tiny pause in the Drums) was spot on for the flow.

I wish the Outro was DJ friendly for Mixing... it works artistically speaking. I say the Mixdown is spot on. The Limit is causing a very minor amount of distortion at loud volumes in my cheap PC headphones... most noticeable on the Percussion, the KD, Hats, and Snare Drum become a smidge fuzzy. It's probably my gear though.

Lovely tune, I would really like a 320 of it for a future Mixset."

Back
Top Bottom