World's most expensive curry available for $3,290 a portion

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

World's most expensive curry available for $3,290 a portion

[​IMG]

It really seems the credit crunch has no effect whatsoever on the upper crust of the society. That's apparent with the world's most expensive curry that has just been launched for $3,290 a portion. The Samundari Khazana curry, meaning Seafood Treasure is a delicious combination of caviar, sea snails, a whole lobster and even edible gold. London eatery Bombay Brasserie is where you will have to head to taste this unusual and expensive dish. Head chef Prahlad Hegde told the Sun, 'There are still people out there with money to spend and this curry is a real experience.' This master chef makes use of Devon crab and white truffle, while his assistant painstakingly presses gold leaf to half a cherry tomato filled with Beluga caviar. After this, the sea snails are put into a sizzling pan while a Scottish lobster is coated in gold and four shelled quails' eggs are hollowed out to be filled with caviar. 'The fish and seafood is marinated in chilli and tamarind paste, then I'm going to slice truffle over the top to give it a nutty flavour,' he says. The idea is from a basic Indian recipe I got from my mum but we are using the finest ingredients in the world,'

2. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

haha read about this in the paper, you can see from that chefs eyes he's blatantly conning the fuck out of you, haha sly dawg:D