World's Biggest Drawing Created Using GPS Data

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
World's Biggest Drawing Created Using GPS Data

Erik Nordenankar created the world's biggest drawing using GPS data mailed "via DHL with precise travel instructions over the course of a 55 day period.

[youtube]irDEzQovftM[/youtube]

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Personally I think its
1) bollocks - a hoax
2) a DHL advertising campaign

for various reasons:
1) packages do not travel in these sort of elegant lines - they flit from place to place
2) DHL planes don't go loop a loop in the Arctic
3) DHL would have trouble delivering to some of these 'addresses' as the names match those of several places in the world

So either this is a hoax or DHL arranged for planes to carry the package around. I think its the second = viral advertising (I HATE HATE HATE)

Greg P

VIP Junglist
Personally I think its
1) bollocks - a hoax
2) a DHL advertising campaign

for various reasons:
1) packages do not travel in these sort of elegant lines - they flit from place to place
2) DHL planes don't go loop a loop in the Arctic
3) DHL would have trouble delivering to some of these 'addresses' as the names match those of several places in the world

So either this is a hoax or DHL arranged for planes to carry the package around. I think its the second = viral advertising (I HATE HATE HATE)

Yeah for sure this is some PR companies bright idea for a bit viral advertising for DHL - there is loads of branding, filming on board cargo planes etc, so there is just no way that this could done without the co-operation between DHL and the "artist"....

PR companies approach my company all the time to do the filming for things like this...

They never warn the companies that if people rumble that it's a viral ad then it'll do more harm in the online community than good... This is so obviously a viral it makes it piss poor...

Now where's that UPS number?

Last edited: