WORLDCUP THREAD!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by 12 inch grinch, Jun 8, 2006.

1. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

COME ON ENGLAND ! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CHANCES IN MY LIFE TIME TO SEE US WIN THE WORLD CUP . SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR YOUR HOME COUNTRY IN THIS THREAD.:applause:

2. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

I wouldn't say that its our greatest chance in recent years for us to pull it off. However, we have got a cracking squad, a good mix of hungry young bloods and vets. Walcott and Robo-Crouch could drop some bombs, and with Rooney looking set to be ready for the tournament, things are shaping up nicely.
    The English contingent here in Nanjing are out in colours, and ready to see some bloody football. Gonna go down to the Gulou Park tomorrow to watch the opening game on the big public screen, and I'm organising some 5-a-side football games with all the foreigners and any locals that want to join in, for a kick aboot in the park before the Germany/Costa Rica game (y)

3. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Cisse broke his leg. Poor bloke!

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

you lot int winning nuffik
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ZLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATAN SKYYYYYYYYYYDEEEEEEEE

5. kama

kama benkama.net

Finland's not even in the qualifying rounds!!

6. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

greece too!!

7. kama

kama benkama.net

But i'm down for Holland. Orange Vengeance! I think the last time they were in the finals was in the 70's... Or was it that they even won it back then?

Ivory Coast is another team to watch out for.

8. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

:mad: :nono: :cry: (n)

9. Indi

I want to see Australia in action. Kewell and Cahill are ready to play now, and its been the first time Aus have gotten into the tournament for 35 years. They could turn out to be a dark horse though, because no-one really knows how they play. They really need be on form to do anything however, Aus have probably been draw into one of the toughest groups with Brazil, Croatia and Japan.

10. 12 inch grinch

thats the 3rd time i think he broke his leg in 2 years !

11. 12 inch grinch

doubt Australia will get to knock out stages .they have couple good players but thats it .! this world cup set to be one of the best so far .

12. Indi

Apparantly Ivory Coast are a team to watch out for.

13. Indi

So finally its started....

Fucking good opening game, both teams did well. Was hoping Costa Rica could beat the Krauts but this is the best looking German side for a long time. Lahm's goal was niiice and the last German goal (forgot his name, Italian hair looking muthafucker) was proper quality. Still all about Wanchope though, he took the piss out of the German defense. Two goals, and both of them one-on-one with Lehmann.
    3 goals in 16 minutes, final score 4 - 2 to Germany. Not a bad start to the tournament
    Missed the Poland vs Ecuador game (it was played live at 3.00am China and I had to be up for work at 8.00am :rinsed: ) but judging by the score, the Poles can't be too happy.

14. mesh

mesh Active Member

Its true we really have to beat Japan to be a contender for the second rounds, and thats not certain at all. We do have a good chance though I say, and it is really what people here want to see. Kewell and Viduka maybe the only players you have heard of I guess, as they play for English teams, but we have won without them.

whose up for sticking this thread?

15. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Great match between Germany & Costa Rica. Ecuador kicked Poland's ass, which was to be expected given the fact that the trainer is off his rocks (dropped Dudek from the team...).

16. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

1 nil ( Just)

How Biast was taht Mexican ref ? Out of order...about 16 free kicks in teh 2nd half

England really let paraguay control the pace...hmmm lets see how they do against Sweden !!
    :monkey:

17. The_Jungledon

The_Jungledon www.FreelanceJunglist.com

i like the quotes from the commentators
    Com1 Bring owen hargreaves on or should i whisper th@
    Com1 Well im going to whisper something to you for saying th@
    i was in bulk man
    And th@ greasy haired matador motherfooker lookalike was a waste of time.... Rant ova

18. Indi

Abismal, just plain terrible. Thanks to a shit manager and his tactical substitutions. Why would you bring Hargreaves on, and then leave Crouch by himself up front? What's Lurch gonna do when there's no-one to head the ball to? Typical Sven, scrape a lead by any means possible and then play defensive, he did it against Italy last World Cup and then again with France in Euro. WTF are we to do if he's playing like that for our first game against a team we really should be manhandling? Ok it may get us out of the group but there's no chance of winning the cup like that.
    On a more positive note, Beckham got a bit of sparkle back with that free kick, lovely. And with the Sweden vs Trinidad & Tobago game being 0 - 0, were top of the group, which can only give us more courage and shake those first game nerves

19. Jungles

Jungles New Member

[​IMG]

Can't wait till tuesday!
    We play Brasil! It's gonna be crazy in the city and the whole country! We played them in august in a friendly match and the result was 1:1 so i'm giving us 20% chance for a win.

20. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

it was the sweden v trinidad & tobago game that really held my interest. i think t & t gave everybody a shock - excellent defending, plus the fact the swedes were prancing around like a bunch of fairies kinda helped. ljungberg looked like he was going to shit himself. i was really impressed, and their fans are MAD. good luck to em, i say. as long as they don't beat us.