Workstations

build your own? would work out loads cheaper. although it won't look as good, might be a compromise.

I have been looking around and i have fell in love with this workstation...

http://www.akadesign.co.uk/site_product/proedit/proedit.html

but i only have 57" to fit one in my room and this is too big :( cant anyone point me in the right direction to any better sites with similar workstations

proedit_mainimage.jpg

your kidding right ? the configuration on that picture costs more than £2500, and the most basic model comes at £1600.
do you really need that shit ? would it make any difference to your sound ?
If you really have that sort of cash lying around, get yourself a nice ikea desk for £100, another £100 for a monitor shelve and rack, and then blow the rest on couple of UADs, which will make a huge difference to the quality of your productions. in fact, if you just must have a similar design, you could get the material, tools, and advice on how to diy it, and still left with enough dough for a UAD2 duo.

honestly man, these sort of workstations are for professional facilities that need to wow their clientele. absolutely useless for anyone that needs to seek advice on this board imho.

Last edited:
proedit_mainimage.jpg

your kidding right ? the configuration on that picture costs more than £2500, and the most basic model comes at £1600.
do you really need that shit ? would it make any difference to your sound ?
If you really have that sort of cash lying around, get yourself a nice ikea desk for £100, another £100 for a monitor shelve and rack, and then blow the rest on couple of UADs, which will make a huge difference to the quality of your productions. in fact, if you just must have a similar design, you could get the material, tools, and advice on how to diy it, and still left with enough dough for a UAD2 duo.

honestly man, these sort of workstations are for professional facilities that need to wow their clientele. absolutely useless for anyone that needs to seek advice on this board imho.

harsh but fair! i've seen very similar desks in argos!

harsh but fair! i've seen very similar desks in argos!

lol there is no way i am spending that much on that particular desk, i just like the layout of it and the look, i was just wondering if there was any better sites to get one similar from and obviously a cheaper one.

I just spent £1250 on a new computer so i will not be splashing out another £1600+ on a fucking desk lol

As far as DIY goes, i will fuck it up royaly lol it will be the biggest piece of shit ever constructed, but yeh cheers for the advice guys, i will look into argos and places similar.

Contact a carpenter and send them the dimensions and they'll knock up a quote, or you must know someone who knows somewho could build it. Argos etc will be a shit fit and have parts missing so on and so on i recon.

do you happen to know a good chippie? ie, carpenter?
if you do tell him what you want with some rough measurements on length, depth and width and get a price.....
materials would be in the region of a few hundred for decent wood like pine, maybe £100 a day for the chippie mate (negotiable) to make it for you. more if you get a unknown tradesman, they may want the going rate, £120 -150 a day, but someone highly skilled cound possibly make it in a day i dunno

have a look at vapours set up he had built by a carpenter friend over on 36hertz.com - thats a fuckin sick custom desk, all rack gear & the mixer built ect looks wicked

Back
Top Bottom