Dubstep Works in progress (feedback needed)

Hey man,

Both are nice tracks :)

The first one is my favourite though. If that one is still a WIP just keep going as you were. Going to be a great track! Creates nice, creepy atmospheres and the percussion is really nice too!

The second track is good but there are a few things I can pick out. Again a great atmosphere is created to give that track a nice feel. However I feel the guitar takes away from that...

I don't want to offend or sound rude but the guitar playing sounds a little rough around the edges to me, maybe try another take and see if your guitarist can really get it down :) Another thing that I think is worth taking into consideration is on a track like this I feel a little effects could be beneficial. Add a Touch of Reverb to the guitar, I definatly recommend adding a gentle bit of Flanger and top it off with a bit of Delay, even if it is barely noticible. It should just give the tone a bit more interesting sound ;) The style of playing may have to be changed for this to take full effect. For Example, Strum the Chords rather than keep strumming them :) Just my ideas though, may sound rubbish to you and rubbish in reality!

On a positive side I was rather impressed with the singing :) Suits the track well, keep it that way ;) The Rest of the track is cool to, percussion again is great! Keep up the good work! :)

If you have a bit of spare time check out some of my Dubstep tracks ;) http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?127169-A-load-of-My-Dubstep-Tracks!-Feedback-would-be-brilliant-)

Last edited:
Man, i'm really impressed by both of them. The second one's melody is just amazing. The first one sounds really chill, and I also really like it , maybe add a bit more bass. This is the type of dubstep I fell in love with at first.
Keep up the good work!

Yes yes, I like. Nice vibes , nice melodies etc. The vocal could be a bit more clear and floating on top of the music not buried lol. Get some heavy compression and reverb and eq or whatever on there and lift it out a bit.

For your housemate: Nice vocal!

Good stuff.

Hey man,

Both are nice tracks :)

The first one is my favourite though. If that one is still a WIP just keep going as you were. Going to be a great track! Creates nice, creepy atmospheres and the percussion is really nice too!

The second track is good but there are a few things I can pick out. Again a great atmosphere is created to give that track a nice feel. However I feel the guitar takes away from that...

I don't want to offend or sound rude but the guitar playing sounds a little rough around the edges to me, maybe try another take and see if your guitarist can really get it down :) Another thing that I think is worth taking into consideration is on a track like this I feel a little effects could be beneficial. Add a Touch of Reverb to the guitar, I definatly recommend adding a gentle bit of Flanger and top it off with a bit of Delay, even if it is barely noticible. It should just give the tone a bit more interesting sound ;) The style of playing may have to be changed for this to take full effect. For Example, Strum the Chords rather than keep strumming them :) Just my ideas though, may sound rubbish to you and rubbish in reality!

On a positive side I was rather impressed with the singing :) Suits the track well, keep it that way ;) The Rest of the track is cool to, percussion again is great! Keep up the good work! :)

If you have a bit of spare time check out some of my Dubstep tracks ;) http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?127169-A-load-of-My-Dubstep-Tracks!-Feedback-would-be-brilliant-)

I hear ya, I left the guitar raw for the time being as its still a long way from being finished. To be honest this is the first time Ive tryed recording live instruments and vocals so I'm still getting used to it. Ill try adding some effects over it and see if i can smooth off the rough edges. Cheers for the feedback very useful :)

Back
Top Bottom