Working with vocalists online

Discussion in 'Production' started by The 1029, Dec 10, 2015.

1. The 1029

The 1029 New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been into production for about 10 years with D&B being my focus for the last five. I'm only just getting to a place where I'm happy with my sound and I'm hoping that I'll learn loads from the community on here :)

As the title implies, I'm interested in working with vocalists online. I've got a few tracks that I'm working on that I think would be perfect with a vocal line over them and I'm looking for a way that I could potentially upload my tracks for vocalists to listen to + record over. Does anybody know of any free/paid for services that can do this?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Imo your best bet is to search on soundcloud and hit them up directly.

3. lug00ber

lug00ber Active Member

Pretty much this, or let your friends (including friends not doing music themselves) know that you'd like to work with a vocalist. Someone might know someone that "does a bit of singing" :)

4. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Soundcloud and Youtube are your best options. On youtube, for example, search for covers on the singer you think that has a good voice that you want on your music and contact the channel owner (who will probably be the person singing).

5. Virul

Virul Member

I don't know if your in London, but I've seen quite a few people throwing around CD (usually in camden town), they usually come up to me with some hip-hop but some of them have some dnb as well, maybe it can be a good way to bind with some MCs.
    A bit off topic since you specified "online" in the subject but could be of any help..