working vocal into tracks

padders

I'm struggling at the moment to get vocals to work and feel part of my tracks. Presumably i need to know the key the singer is singing in so I can build some chords around the vocal? I heard people use melodyne or autotune for this are there any free plugins that can work this out? Im using fl studio.Any other tips peeps have would be much appriecated. Tar

I doubt you'll find any free plugins that'll do decent pitch correction, its quite a complicated thing to get sounding "natural" so thats why programs like Autotune and Melodyne cost as much as they do.

You've got it with finding the key though, definately the simplest way.

Cheers for the respone but I suppose my question was- say you have a random vocal and you dont what key it is there a way of finding it out? without one of these expensive programmes?

Play the vocal (putting it on loop might help) while playing notes, start at say, a "C", then keep working your way up note by note until you find the which go with it well.

Generaly (but not always) the key is the first note in a pattern, so if you find your vocal starts with an F, and keeps working back to it, then your key is F.

one way to do that is get the vocal to repeat then play a note on a piano synth.
Keep changing the note you play until it sounds ilke the key.
You might have to fine tune it. octave etc
Then you can take those adjustments and make your bass with them. There is a youtube video of someone doing that - cant remember the name but i think it was
"creating a bass in reason".
Although its a reason tutorial he tune's in a bass to drums - (using that pianno method) which you can do with vocals and whatever program you use.

Back
Top Bottom