Working Out. Whats your flavour?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Gumby, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Gumby

Gumby New Member

frat's boxercise thread has inspired me to find out what other kinds of activity you lot get up to.

today i ran up a set of 400 stairs that go up the side of a steep hill. i did 4 laps and i fucking thought i was going to die.

and ive also been hitting the gym a fair bit recently too. ive got a 4 pack and am aim for a 6 but the last two are so hard to get. (i hate stomach crunches)

what do the rest of you get up to?

2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

cant go the gym, it bores me, but alot of my mates get loads out of it.

i like playin footy myselve, play a couple of times a week, 5 aside mid week and 11 aside on a sunday...i like footy cos its competitive, that why the gym dont do it for me.

3. Gumby

Gumby New Member

i dont really like the gym either. luckily my bf has a private gym that we use. i couldnt stand going to a public one.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i go to a gym which is so cheap youre almost losing money not going there, which is very rare in amsterdam (or everywhere probably). this does mean everybody and their mothers dog go there, its common as muck, so it does in effect very much resemble a prison, long as you stay clear of the gangs and certain areas youll be fine.
    i try to go three times a week and i find the triceps very important. not that mines very developed. i aim to get a good back, i want to get good upper and lower back.
    my least favourite thing to do is the 30 minutes on the elliptic treadmill machine i usually finish with, its so fucking boring

5. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I work out every day, lifting beer bottles and opening packets of crisps.

I am getting fat for the first time in my life (normally hits at 24, hit me at 32).

Shit continues, I'm switching to Atkins.

6. slimbo011

slimbo011 I've been naughty, I'm banned

i pump solid gold bars. seriay.

7. logikz

i know dustek, it hit me at 23 even (metabolism change coupled with my newfound interest in serious drinking), which was a shock and a half considering how ridiculously lanky i was growing up. i never thought it could happen and its just impossible to get it off, first thing to stick, last thing to go

8. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I was laughing at all my mates getting fat and bald - I was seriously slim for ages and ages. At 25 I looked like I was 19, at 29 I looked like I was 23 and then boom comes the kid & girl = stomach flab and my hair finally packing it in. All my suits and shirts are getting too small!

9. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Its all about getting the right combination of activities. I go to the gym 3 times a weeks and use a mixture of freeweights and cardiovascular machines. I play football once a week, swim every sunday afternoon, and cycle almost every day.

10. [Politrix]

[Politrix] Peace & fucking, believe!

i got a pretty decent multii gym, hardly ever use it anymore tho. i like to take my little whippet out on runs too get her ready for hunting dem wabbits! little fucker walks faster than i sprint.

11. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I go down the gym 3 or 4 times a week, mostly freeweights. I also go running a couple of times a week.

I have never been a big bloke so it was hard work at first, but I go with a mate so it makes it a lot easier to get motivation.

12. logikz

it is hard to keep motivated specially when you have other interests along with responsibilites. i wonder if im doing it right sometimes, feels like i shouldve gotten more results somehow

13. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Depends a lot on your diet at well as going to the gym...

and it depends on what your trying to achive, how long you have been going etc

Are you trying to bulk up, lose weight, tone up?

14. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

i did 60 press ups, 60 sit ups and sit 60 reps on my little shitty 1 kilo weights a night for about 5 days, then had a fag and watched a film one night and completely lost my flow. I haven't done anything since

15. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

im fairly tall, n quite skinny, i would kill to be puttin weight on like you lol!!! i eat so much, n drink fuck loads. my mates who do the same as me are all fat/ chubby:not_worth as much as i hate being quite skinny, i do love rubbing it in peoples faces when i can easily beat them in an eating competition.

i got such a fast metabolism!

anyway i go to the gym. i do upperbody workouts. havent been in a while tho. i focus on shoulders and back. biceps and triceps get a good working. but not as much focus as shoulder and back. i also job most days to my trainstation (thats about 1.5 miles)

16. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

promised my self i'll get serious with exercise once i finish uni...thats now less than 4 months away, and im dreading it tbh..
    i dont wanna get beefed up, i just wanna be a skinny fuck. im talking scurvy, almost junkie like. wanna see hows life on that side of weight issues.
    may have to lose the "Os" in my name if i get there..

17. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I promised myself I'd cycle to work every day last Spring - good distance and almost as fast as a car. Did it twice. In my defence, I had a nice cabrio to drive.

18. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Crystal meth for the win.

19. logikz

i started going regularly late summer last year with the occasional lapse for hangovers and so such.
    i just want get tight. certainly not looking to get any bigger. for the swimwear season or just for my own benefit really. only signing up took aaaaaaages, so i was real proud to get started but id quite like to get where im going too.
    my diet is pretty regular, and i drink regularly, a lot, and im loud, which might be the problem?

20. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

No point doing 60 reps of shit. Better to do 8 reps of 'barely'.