Working on some new shit.

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
Big ups to Fletch for explaining the split frequency mixer thing in FL Studio!

Come to think of it, this track uses none of that.. 'Tis all about my emergency sollution before I knew better; cloning my synth twice and assign to different mixer channels..

Anyways, working on some nasthy bass stuff, this track'll either take me all week or all night to finish, thinking of adding some other kinds of bases to kind of add my signature to it.. Will also have to add some crazy synth tom riffs and shit, those work pretty well for me.

Midway c's and c's always welcome!!

Last edited:
great sounds and atmosphere there, could be a kool track, unfortunetly the kick is really weak and the snare is a bit strange, love whats going on apart from that tho

I hate the bass now.. :/

Kick has very little oomph, need to replace that.

Meaning to layer another snare on top of the one that's there but there are so many other things that need doing that are so much more fun!

This is my first attempt at a snarly resonating bassline, thinking of stuff to add more movement and variation to it.

Oh man.....hounouring me in your thread..........stop it....I'm blushing!

Nice intro mate, sets the mood nicely, I like the verbed vocals alot....Nice bass sounds coming, expecting a big drop anytime now.....hmm.....still waiting....gotta be honest matey, those drums are about as hard as my nans catheter bag........

Apart from the drums tho, I'm liking this alot, may I suggest you grab the vengeance sample packs, you'll have a field day with the drums in there.

Hold on, new drums and some minor detail work done, check it out.

New drums; beefier than your mama's curtains.

EDIT: It says "Track currently not available" over my end, but I assure you the choon's there...

Last edited:
i basically agree with everyone else. Just wanted to add that the 2nd bass around 2:34 could use some... well I am not sure but could use something to bring it out a little. Also the ride at 3:07 is pretty cool. One positive thing to say about your drums.

Having trouble with my drums apparently, I'vr sidechained and layered and compressed and everything, what in the piss?

Gonna tweak that bass 'til it works properly, and listening to it now I can hear some of the percussion and one hits and stuff is a little off, and more than a few times the vox get lost in everything; there's like a million dubby effect things going on with lots of delay and reverbiation.

Think I'm going to strip it down a bit, not go so overboard with percussions and effects all over the place and work on making a bass line that's not simply one pattern repeated four times over with some different automation patterns slapped on top.

I think in trying to learn new techniques and getting them down properly it's taken focus away from structure and buildups and things I used to at least believe I was quite good at.
Once I'm a bit more confident in the stuf I'm trying to learn right now I guess it'll all come back though.

Cheers for all comments and shit!

The kick and snare still sound a bit strange, like the use of sidechaning though. The breakdown is also good. Keep at it, this will be decent.

Haha! I just now decided to drop it because I'm fucking haggard from work and can't be arsed to start working on the drums.

Will have to get back to it laters then.

Cheers.

The vocal bits are really good, i just luv dem ghost vocals and yea basically wat alrdy was told, remake the drums and it'll be pretty nice

Back
Top Bottom